Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He probably just wants a place to play football? He’s only got a few years left, he doesn’t want to spend them training with Chelsea’s reserves because Boehly and co’s latest manager (his 6th manager as a Chelsea player) doesn’t fancy him.

PSG seems to be the first choice but they’re not all in for him, and there’s not that many other possible destinations - he looked at Villa so he’s not adverse to dropping down a bit.

I’d absolutely hate it if he went to the rags because I actually think there’s still a great player in there and the swamp isn’t the place to resurrect a career, but it’s quite funny seeing the same commenters who slagged him off for years on here when he was a city player, have slagged him off non-stop since he left, and now demand from him a level of club loyalty they certainly never gave out.

You took your time

Doesn't really bother me if he ends up at United. Did well for us but we moved him on when we wanted to and recognised that his best years were behind him. He's now back on the market and we have no intention of going back in for him. Given we cut him loose I don't really see that we can accuse him of disloyalty for choosing whatever option he deems best for what's left of his career.

We took the piss out of Liverpool fans for booing him (even though he left under quite acrimonious circumstances) and it would be even more pathetic for our fans to boo him given that he left City on our terms.

Don't really see how he improves United either.

2014? I thought his brain Haemorrhage was much more recent?
You’re probably right but was then trying to remember which game it was when it happened. Either way the point was we shouldn’t have been showing our support for the piss can.

Doesn't really bother me if he ends up at United. Did well for us but we moved him on when we wanted to and recognised that his best years were behind him. He's now back on the market and we have no intention of going back in for him. Given we cut him loose I don't really see that we can accuse him of disloyalty for choosing whatever option he deems best for what's left of his career.

We took the piss out of Liverpool fans for booing him (even though he left under quite acrimonious circumstances) and it would be even more pathetic for our fans to boo him given that he left City on our terms.

Don't really see how he improves United either.

Have you ever been to a football match?

As if any fans of any club in the world aren’t going to boo an ex-player signing for their rivals.

Probably would've felt worse if he'd gone direct to United from us, but that stop gap at Chelsea means I'm not really bothered if he joins them. He's past his best, and will probably have limited opportunities there anyway with Rashford, Garnacho and Diallo all probably ahead of him in the pecking order.

He probably just wants a place to play football? He’s only got a few years left, he doesn’t want to spend them training with Chelsea’s reserves because Boehly and co’s latest manager (his 6th manager as a Chelsea player) doesn’t fancy him.

PSG seems to be the first choice but they’re not all in for him, and there’s not that many other possible destinations - he looked at Villa so he’s not adverse to dropping down a bit.

I’d absolutely hate it if he went to the rags because I actually think there’s still a great player in there and the swamp isn’t the place to resurrect a career, but it’s quite funny seeing the same commenters who slagged him off for years on here when he was a city player, have slagged him off non-stop since he left, and now demand from him a level of club loyalty they certainly never gave out.

I have read a few times how a few feel there is a "great player in there" where? He has been crap for two years and was crap in his final year for us? What evidence suggests he remotely has any decent football left in him?

I don't demand loyalty and him not to go to United. He can do what he wants, it's how his career has gone to date. Out for himself at every turn and he got lucky we had Pep during his time here. Sums him up to have a CV of Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea.

Have you ever been to a football match?

As if any fans of any club in the world aren’t going to boo an ex-player signing for their rivals.

I honestly don't know why anyone would really care about this one. It's hardly peak Luis Figo moving to Real from Barca is it.

If Sterling joins United he'll warrant the same level of disdain any United player gets at the Etihad. But given we binned him off in the first place any extra outrage over him joining United at the arse end of his career seems purely confected to me.

I honestly don't know why anyone would really care about this one. It's hardly peak Luis Figo moving to Real from Barca is it.

If Sterling joins United he'll warrant the same level of disdain any United player gets at the Etihad. But given we binned him off in the first place any extra outrage over him joining United at the arse end of his career seems purely confected to me.

We actually wanted him to sign a new contract but he chose to leave for a club where he felt he would play every week. Not that I have a problem with that but it’s madness to think football fans won’t have a go at an ex-player for joining a hated rival.

It's a bizarre move for all parties. He's going from one basket case to another.

It doesn't really bother me he's going to the rags. He was never a player that really fully connected with us fans. One of the few that haven't I'd say. His stats for City are right up there and we got the best years out of him. We then got our money back and still kept on winning, becoming even better. He's done nothing of note since, lost his place in the England squad and needs to find first team football. He made the wrong decision not signing an extension with us, so we had the last laugh. And if he goes to the rags he'll rightly get the treatment he deserves - as every player at the filth should and does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.