Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

His problem was that when he had time to think in front of goal he fucked it up……..
Exactly this. Did a lot of amazing things for us at an amazing time for City - so many fantastic memories. But he's also an instinct player, and too many occasions come to mind where he messed-up big time when given time to think.

I can understand the attraction of the rags (ie chance to be the big fish in a small pond) but, either way, can only wish him well regardless of where he ends up.

I feel for him and wouldn’t blame him if he went there. He gave us some good years and he doesn’t owe us anything, just like he didn’t owe Liverpool. We had his best years, he contributed to our dominance, and he won’t change anything at United. Better for him to get minutes and wouldn’t begrudge him that move. He won’t ever be a city legend anyway.

As someone said before me, he seemed to have lost his passion for football whilst with us, and it’s sad to see for any footballer. Makes me think maybe he’s not in the best place - reminds me of the Alli interview. I hope any boos are done in good humour and not too viciously - he’d deserve the former if he went to United, and they’re not a patch on us these days to care more than that.

Another major positive for this veteran premiership footballer....very rarely out injured.Not at City any rate. And can take a tackle. Stubborn feisty. Witness the way he knocked Vincent Kompany off the ball at Anfield, when playing for them , as a teenager, our captain and centre half challenged the kid shoulder to shoulder....Kompany finished on the turf..Raheem advanced into the box...

Always liked Sterling for sorting out that Liverpool defender whilst on England duty too. Waistcoat backed the Liverpool player, Our man was portrayed as the villain.....
Good points ……would you take him back for us though ? I personally don't think he’s good enough for what we want anymore.

The Rags already have Rashford,Diallo, Antony and Lurch out wide. Add Sterlingvyo the mix and that’s 5 players for two places. Ten Hag the genius thinks Rashfotd is undroppable. That will go down well with the other when they cannot get consistent playing time, especially when they see Rashfotd swanning around as if hard work is beneath him!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.