Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I agree. It’s Pep’s biggest ever mistake in his career. By then though it wasn’t the best version of Sterling, he had declined by then. Thats why it’s Pep’s mistake and Pep shouldn’t have picked him for that final. But from 2016-2020, Sterling was really good for us and an important cog in winning certainly 7 of the trophies we won while he was with us.

I just think we should be fair to the lad for what he achieved with us and for us, and not misrepresent his qualities/inferiorities like the poster I quoted did. I don’t think it ever does a fanbase any good to misrepresent things because of bias or emotion.

He wasn’t our best player at the time, he was made better by other players and the coach (but that’s what good teams and coaches do anyway), he did drop off a cliff in his last two years with us, i hated the fact he went over to the Liverpool fans after we beat them at Wembley in 2019 posing for photos and giving his shirt away to them, I was glad we sold him when we did, his time with us was up, we needed a different kind of player to enact Pep’s new style of play... but his good qualities were important to us for the time we needed them and he enacted them.

Did he do that with the Liverpool fans? If so then everybody should hate him more for refusing to sign a city shirt when he first moved to Chelsea. Horrible person, horrible attitude and extremely lucky to have been with us. Didn't deserve to be anywhere near that CL final. We had walked to the final without him.

Great servant to the club but he always had limitations as a player.

Thought he had incredible physical attributes, tremendous pace and stamina, off the ball movement, worked tirelessly but his technique was inconsistent and so even the simplest of tasks (simple finishes) he would struggle with.

Pep, like he always does, built a system of play to suit his qualities as a player, the late run into the box, a pattern of player to utilise his pace inside the full back and consequently he flourished as a player and gave us great service.

Leaving City he was never going to prosper to the same level, as he stopped prospering when our tactics evolved, and going to a club like Chelsea which is subject to constant change would never suit him.

Still he did brilliant for us, when the tactics suited his game, and was a major part in our success so will always get my full respect and a positive reception from me on his return. No idea why anyone would want to boo him after the service he gave us.

I just hope for him and his career he picks the right club, playing the right tactics to complement his game and also mask his deficiencies. Good luck to the lad.

I find the disrespect for players who did a huge amount for the team and us fans quite annoying. By any yardstick, Sterling was a big part of our success and 131 goals is a fabulous return.
Of course, he was on the decline and this probably happened too early in his career and you might want to criticise his personality - but please don’t insult footballing achievements, not least being an intrinsic part of the Centurions team, arguably the most exciting in our history.
Would be a bit gutted though if he went to the rags!!!
Almost 20 goals a season from a wide position-incredible.

Caused chaos with his dribbling and movement-a thrilling, integral part of the greatest team I've ever watched.

For me-his drop off started when he suddenly wanted to be a left winger-he's awful there-I still think he's one of the best right sided players in the league.

Did he do that with the Liverpool fans? If so then everybody should hate him more for refusing to sign a city shirt when he first moved to Chelsea. Horrible person, horrible attitude and extremely lucky to have been with us. Didn't deserve to be anywhere near that CL final. We had walked to the final without him.
Unfortunately, yes.

I hated that he did that.

I don’t think he was a horrible person with a horrible attitude though. What makes you think that? Here’s what Kevin de Bruyne said of him:

The game that stands out for me was when we lost at home to the Rags on the 7th April 2018.

We were cruising in the first half and Sterling missed a whole host of chances when through on goal. Managed to lose after being 2 up at half time.

I would have got rid at the end of that season.
Well that would have been pretty stupid, considering he was Football Writers' Player of the Season the year after when we won the domestic treble.

Unfortunately, yes.

I hated that he did that.

I don’t think he was a horrible person with a horrible attitude though. What makes you think that? Here’s what Kevin de Bruyne said of him:

I've heard this from some people who've dealt with him - really decent bloke. And they also echoed what others have said about Raheem - it's a job to him, he doesn't get emotionally attached to clubs.

I dont get any vitriol that Raheem will get if he joins that lot. We clearly got the best of him and he’s been fading since. We’ve come a long way from when we used to sign players on the downward spiral, it’s the Rags reality now. I don’t wish him any luck but no ill will either.

Honestly are you lot grown men ? Some of the posts slagging raz off sounds like they are stroppy teenagers writing them , he doesnt need to have "got us" to have contributed and 131 goals and 70 odd assists and that is not good enough for you? He has had to put up with racists , vile campaign from the british press and booed at every ground thanks to the cunts at the dippers

At least can we say thanks and not pile on him, once a blue and al!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.