Raheem Sterling

There's a decent chance that wasn't even a City fan, just an attention seeker. Same thing happened to Pogba - if he signs it, the caption is 'Sterling signs a City shirt at Chelsea unveiling'.

Why would a City fan turn up to a Chelsea event and try and get a player who just left to sign his City shirt?
How many legit City fans are going to Chelsea's preseason on the tiny offchance they get to see Sterling for an autograph?

More likely it's just an autograph hunter/ebay hawker.

You don't see much of the person holding it, but from the sleeve you do see it looks like they're actually wearing a Chelsea shirt.
How many opportunities will a City fan living in the States have to ask Raz to sign their shirt? If they had a Sterling shirt and he was their favourite player, they probably thought fuck it, I’ll pop over, thank him and wish him well, and ask him to sign their shirt.

It’s a weird reaction from him.

If he signs he will makes enemy from his new club fans, if he doesn't he risk angering his former club fans.

He really can't please anyone it seems, the only thing he should do is to take that shirt and keep him for himself angering both club fanbase lmao.

He has gone now did a great job for us we all move from job to job loyalty is not anywhere in life ! Would you shag you best mates wife? Raz was amazing but he could not lace Paul lakes boots !

If he signs he will makes enemy from his new club fans, if he doesn't he risk angering his former club fans.

He really can't please anyone it seems, the only thing he should do is to take that shirt and keep him for himself angering both club fanbase lmao.
I genuinely can't imagine anyone caring or even posting a video of it if he'd signed it. If a video is posted of Kalvin Phillips signing a bunch of shirts including a Leeds one this week I don't think I would even notice... It's less about him not wanting to anger the new fans and more about him overtly doing something to appeal to them whilst dismissing a City fan in the process.

I genuinely can't imagine anyone caring or even posting a video of it if he'd signed it. If a video is posted of Kalvin Phillips signing a bunch of shirts including a Leeds one this week I don't think I would even notice... It's less about him not wanting to anger the new fans and more about him overtly doing something to appeal to them whilst dismissing a City fan in the process.
Somebody would notice and act all butt hurt about it, nothing more guaranteed, hell, it seems plenty of people have noticed a player not signing a shirt.

It’s amazing that apparently all it takes to cancel out 7 years as a player, 300+ appearances, 11 trophies, 10th highest goalscorer etc. is a 20 second clip where you don’t even see the person he refuses an autograph to.

Don’t see them, have no reason to know why the autograph was turned down, no one’s even heard from them and yet instead of giving a player who served here for 7 years the benefit of the doubt, people are inventing fictional backstories about how it’s some poor die hard City fan that’s travelled across America to watch Chelsea train in preseason and waited hours for their one chance for a Sterling signature.

If I didn’t know better I’d almost feel like people who had a very difficult time keeping a lid on their animosity towards Sterling when he was a City player were just gagging for a reason to turn him into a villain now he’s gone.

And after all the moral grandstanding earlier in this thread about how City fans are nothing like Liverpool fans and wouldn’t act like weirdos towards explayers as well…

If I didn’t know better I’d almost feel like people who had a very difficult time keeping a lid on their animosity towards Sterling when he was a City player were just gagging for a reason to turn him into a villain now he’s gone.

Well, yeah, that's pretty obviously the case. It's been happening for a couple of years and they'll only feel more and more validated as more people feed into the pantomime now that he's not a City player.

I don't even know what this autograph refusing thing is about. The biggest bonus for me about Sterling leaving is that it's going to be easier to avoid listening and reading the ramblings of old men insisting they don't like him purely for football reasons.

I'm not going to get too worked up over that. I thank him for his years of service with us. But he's gone now, we move on. And I can see why he did what he did. If he'd signed a Liverpool shirt days after joining us, we wouldn't have been too happy, would we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.