Random retro City matches that you taped off the tele.

invisableman

Okay so thousands of us have the title winning games, the 1-6 at the swamp and other modern classics stored forever on our sky+ box, that's not what I'm looking for in here.

Just for fun (well to pass the time more like)

I want to know which random retro city games do you still have tucked away somewhere, that you taped off the tele, try to avoid any games that were sold on DVD like that comeback at white hart lane etc.

Here's mine.

1995 - Blackburn 2-3 City
1997 - Oxford 1-4 City
1997 - Paul Lake testimonial City v Utd
1998 - City 3-0 Halifax (fa cup r1)
1998 - Darlington 1-1 City (fa cup r2)
1998 - City 7-1 Notts county (league cup)

I think that's it for me, we wasn't on tele that much back then and we lost most of the time, by the time city were back on tele and winning games the DVD era had arrived and my match day recording came to an end.

Still got the 10-1 v Huddersfield somewhere, and 3-1 at home to Watford in the cup... Coton in net for Watford!

The 5-1 Against the rags
The 10-1 Against Huddersfield
I had them both on a VHS tape for absolutely ages until some fkn idiot decided they wanted to tape Emmerdale fkn Farm or some other fkn crap! I don't think i will ever get over it!!

Recently found the 4-2 win over Bolton from the Sven year, completely forgot I had that. Includes goals from Vassel and Etuhu

oz1975 said:
Recently found the 4-2 win over Bolton from the Sven year, completely forgot I had that. Includes goals from Vassel and Etuhu

Absolute Collecters item that one!

Would like to know if anyone has the game against Notts County sometime in the eighties or even the goal.

Cant remember the year but Melrose scored a goal in the first half (my memory is probably exaggerating here) where he took a clearance on his chest, on the half way line, turned and volleyed it in the net.

Would love to see it again, I remember that for the rest of the first half that goal was all we could talk about

city 'til i cry said:
2-1 win over Villa the season Kendall took over.

Peter Reid got the winner and it pretty much meant we'd stay up.

what a game. saw the goals again recently.
bedlam on the terrace behind the goal.
still one of my fav ever away games. villa top, us bottom, city win 2-1.
briliant day out.

I've got three VHS tapes full of City's games from when VHS first came out. Every time City were on I used to tape up, win draw or loss. Including interviews and documentries etc. Must try and get them transfered to DVD, although some are pretty poor quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.