Rangers Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be doing backflips if we get 3rd place in the group. And it is about the richest clubs, we can at best try to take them on, but they have too much to think realistically we can beat them. It’s the money. It helps us get a wee bit better with good recruitment and also helps attract players who know they can put themselves in the shop window. Ange has been unbelievably good in recruiting players who actually make us better. Previously if we would sign five players, three would be fucking woeful, one not bad and the last good. Ange hasn’t bought one yet who hasn’t been good. McCarthy for me was a boardroom initiative. And he has shown that we need to leave it to Ange and the directors just fuck off out of the equation.

Indeed. I think I said to you last season, ideal scenario for a Scottish team in my opinion is to qualify for the Champions League & pocket that money, finish 3rd and drop into Europa, then have a good run in that competition, a competition that we should be able to compete a lot better in.

Indeed. I think I said to you last season, ideal scenario for a Scottish team in my opinion is to qualify for the Champions League & pocket that money, finish 3rd and drop into Europa, then have a good run in that competition, a competition that we should be able to compete a lot better in.
It literally will be luck of the draw. We have to hope for at least one team we can go toe to toe with. My own preference would be one top glamour type outfit who will win the group in a canter. One from Pot 2 who aren’t top top drawer, a team we could beat in the 3rd.

I am already prepared mentally for a group that equates to Operation Certain Death.

Although, I won’t lie, I am optimistic we will be far better than we have been in Europe under Ange. A favourable group and us getting better defensively, which with Jenz in with CCV Juranovic, Taylor and Hart we should be. I think we could score against anybody. I am just looking forward to seeing how well Ange does. This team is only second to O’Neils now in the last 20 years and we all think they will surpass them if we keep progressing. Haven’t been this optimistic about us for a long long long time. We are a joy to watch. Everybody fights, everybody knows what their role is. Our bench enables us to keep the tempo and ability level up. We are getting goals from many areas. Our speed of attack is brilliant. We have so many players who can find a brilliant forward pass and two strikers who will alternate leading the line who are goal scorers. I still hope we bring in Fani and Mmaee. We will be bringing in two so I hope it’s them, but if not then, I know Ange will not bring in useless cunts.

You have to wish yous get an average 3rd seed.
Celtic qualifying to the group stages is a huge step forward to the spl winners.
3rd team in the league getting some sort of European football up to Christmas massive as well.

You have to wish yous get an average 3rd seed.
Celtic qualifying to the group stages is a huge step forward to the spl winners.
3rd team in the league getting some sort of European football up to Christmas massive as well.
I don’t think there is an average team in it. But you’re right, getting one of the less good teams is something I want. But, I am looking forward to taking on the big guns too. I think we will put up a good account of ourselves and I haven’t felt that for twenty fucking years.

Rangers are utter shit and a pathetic penalty again. Hibs should have had one. Still, it’s the way it is up here. When you are playing utterly garbage up steps the ref to help you out. Fucking embarrassing.

Rangers are utter shit and a pathetic penalty again. Hibs should have had one. Still, it’s the way it is up here. When you are playing utterly garbage up steps the ref to help you out. Fucking embarrassing.
Definite penalty, in no way pathetic. Real brainfart from the Hibs defender. No way was the Rangers player going to get on the end of that pass. And yes, Hibs should have had one as well.

Definite penalty, in no way pathetic. Real brainfart from the Hibs defender. No way was the Rangers player going to get on the end of that pass. And yes, Hibs should have had one as well.
That’s the issue. They get a soft one and a more definite one is waved away. Happens all the time. No doubt the Hibs guy made a **** if it and the under the letter of the law it’s a pen but so was Hibs. I hope Hibs are aggrieved and do something, but it’s Hibs. Rangers look fucking woeful, but will probably get another penalty to make it safe.

That’s the issue. They get a soft one and a more definite one is waved away. Happens all the time. No doubt the Hibs guy made a **** if it and the under the letter of the law it’s a pen but so was Hibs. I hope Hibs are aggrieved and do something, but it’s Hibs. Rangers look fucking woeful, but will probably get another penalty to make it safe.
You need to take the blinkers off bud. In no way was the Rangers penalty "soft" or "pathetic". And the fact that Hibs were denied an equally nailed on penalty doesn’t change that.

I assume you're a happier bunny now, though!

You need to take the blinkers off bud. In no way was the Rangers penalty "soft" or "pathetic". And the fact that Hibs were denied an equally nailed on penalty doesn’t change that.

I assume you're a happier bunny now, though!
It’s the inconsistency that’s the issue. They get penalties that are waved away for others. You just saw that. Or did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.