Rangers Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Livi game I can accept, as ive seen that game multiple times there, from both Celtic and Rangers, so with the surface and how dogged they are I take any win there.

Last night was no excuse, like I said, that was as poor as a performance as I've seen us in Europe now for a few years. Considering how I know we can play, I'm choosing to believe it's the form that's poor rather than us being shite as you describe us. Still didn't think that was a penalty mind you but the result was right for the performance.

Im hoping with a few home games coming up now we can get our attacking sorted a bit, and also now need to bed Davies in to partner Goldson. If after the next 3 games we are still seeing the same issues, I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm worried.
A huge 10m Joe Aribo sized hole in that team, no ball carriers (no pun intended) & no penetration at all. The Scott Wright/Red van cameo‘s apart, all very poor substandard performances. Saying that without the worst ever VAR decision from a clueless Ref, the tie would still be very winnable.

Hibsed it the best saying in world football
Lol.
Arfield must be wondering why he is not starting.
Alright he is not the greatest but better than most in the side now.
Early days yet, but last night was woefully bad. Maybe underestimated the standard of the chocolate and waffle munchers league
@bennyboy its a brilliant saying isn't it. Always makes me chuckle.

I know some players are missing but just makes you wonder.

@eyalluvitt I was thinking the same, but then we played Royal Antwerp last season so he knows about their league

If I ever get mugged by a 6ft 2inch Croatian skinhead, I desperately hope it’s Borna (frightened of his own shadow) Barasic

New Ibrox food vendors look slightly apprehensive
5e69598d230000fb210c3367.jpeg

I notice Jackson in the Daily Ranger advocating Gio plays the old guard on Tuesday and leave out the new guys. What’s you lots thoughts on this and if he does, isn’t he admitting his transfers aren’t up to it? I’m hearing a lot of they need time etc, but we all know you get fuck all time with both of our teams, you need to do it. We have had plenty who needed time, but only because they were shit and never ended up doing anything.

I notice Jackson in the Daily Ranger advocating Gio plays the old guard on Tuesday and leave out the new guys. What’s you lots thoughts on this and if he does, isn’t he admitting his transfers aren’t up to it? I’m hearing a lot of they need time etc, but we all know you get fuck all time with both of our teams, you need to do it. We have had plenty who needed time, but only because they were shit and never ended up doing anything.

Tilman is 20, Yilmaz is 21, Matondo is 21. These 3 are are young and the hope I'd imagine is that they get better as the season goes on.

Souttar, Davies, Lawrence and Colak are all mid to late 20's, so these should make an impact quicker. Souttar has looked unfit. We need Davies to start getting minutes and to form a partnership with Goldson.

Lawrence will rotate in the attacking midfield roles, and Colak will be back up to Morelos when he's fit I'd imagine.

So to answer your question, I'd imagine 1 or 2 will play tomorrow, 1 or 2 will come into the team more as the season goes on, and 1 or 2 will end up not being good enough. And I think we will really struggle to get through.

Tilman is 20, Yilmaz is 21, Matondo is 21. These 3 are are young and the hope I'd imagine is that they get better as the season goes on.

Souttar, Davies, Lawrence and Colak are all mid to late 20's, so these should make an impact quicker. Souttar has looked unfit. We need Davies to start getting minutes and to form a partnership with Goldson.

Lawrence will rotate in the attacking midfield roles, and Colak will be back up to Morelos when he's fit I'd imagine.

So to answer your question, I'd imagine 1 or 2 will play tomorrow, 1 or 2 will come into the team more as the season goes on, and 1 or 2 will end up not being good enough. And I think we will really struggle to get through.
Be interesting to see the line up.

My wish is this wee mob get through, obviously, but I have to admit I think they may shite it. If they don’t, they can win but I have a feeling they may crumble. I won’t see any of it but I will be drinking Belgian beer as a show of solidarity. Mon the Belgian Royals.

I wonder what this guy thinks about tonight’s game? Maybe garlic can keep the Belgians at bay like vampires? Irish Garlic is exceptionally good at this I hear

Attachments

• 15C663B4-A55A-4046-BDD3-263CD66228B4.jpeg
    15C663B4-A55A-4046-BDD3-263CD66228B4.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.