Rangers Thread - 2023/24

New season and an almost new team. Will be interesting to see how the new players settle.

Can Cantwell keep up the level of performance he showed oh the latter stages of last season?

Nico Raskin is way too good for Scottish football. Hopefully we get this season and the next before selling him on for a huge profit

We then have Butland , Sterling, Dowell and Lammers to add to the squad. I believe there are another 3 or 4 to come in but that may depend on moving on the likes of Kamara , Wright and possibly Ben Davies

We all know that it’s very rare for teams to gel from the get go. Fortunately due to the quirks of the Scottish league schedule this is the season where theoretically we should have the easier first quarter. I wonder if they’ll put the first Old Firm as last game of the first quarter as they did in the ‘Covid Season’ to try and help our ‘friends’ from the East End? Hmmmm doubt it.

Beale needs to get off to a decent start. Champions League opponents in the play off stage look too strong which will put us in the Europa League groups. Maybe not the end of the World as we learned a hard lesson last season. Rangers first XI is decent but the squad is nowhere near strong enough which led to some heavy , embarrassing defeats

I’m actually quite hopeful of giving them a run for their money this season. No bold claims , I’ll leave that to others, but I’m looking forward to watching the new look Rangers

Time will tell

Making this many signings there are obviously going to be one or two duds. You could well be right BUT let’s wait until he’s at least played before writing him off
I agree, don’t write the guy off. I certainly won’t be. Sometimes a player has a bad time at a club, but that doesn’t mean he can’t reignite. I hope he doesn’t, but I won’t he banking on it.

I have to be honest,

Some of the players currently signed or linked to are not giving me any confidence of a successful season
Butland was the big one for me. It was ridiculous to go into this season with McGregor and McLaughlan! It was made worse knowing Zander Clark was on a free and without a club right up until the last day of the summer window.

No idea where Dowell fits in and who he replaces.

Dujon Sterling seems to be well thought of but who is he replacing? Ridvan? I thought the Young Turk looked pretty decent when fit

Lammers is possibly replacing Kent. On his day RK was excellent for Rangers and especially in Europe. The problem was consistency. Jury very much out on him

Tom Lawrence is close to being back to full fitness. John Souttar , IMO, is our best centre back when fit. Hagi , Jack and Roofe could also be huge players if we ever get them consistently fit!!

So many Ifs , Buts and Maybes in there but for me that’s the beauty of it. Time will tell but I’m surprisingly optimistic as I’m usually a moaning faced , Dour 54 year old Scotsman. I’d give Jack and Victor a run for their money

Butland was the big one for me. It was ridiculous to go into this season with McGregor and McLaughlan! It was made worse knowing Zander Clark was on a free and without a club right up until the last day of the summer window.

No idea where Dowell fits in and who he replaces.

Dujon Sterling seems to be well thought of but who is he replacing? Ridvan? I thought the Young Turk looked pretty decent when fit

Lammers is possibly replacing Kent. On his day RK was excellent for Rangers and especially in Europe. The problem was consistency. Jury very much out on him

Tom Lawrence is close to being back to full fitness. John Souttar , IMO, is our best centre back when fit. Hagi , Jack and Roofe could also be huge players if we ever get them consistently fit!!

So many Ifs , Buts and Maybes in there but for me that’s the beauty of it. Time will tell but I’m surprisingly optimistic as I’m usually a moaning faced , Dour 54 year old Scotsman. I’d give Jack and Victor a run for their money

Ahh yes, I completely forgot about Butland, great keeper will do well. Still think we need a better backup

SOuttar and Jack are two of my favourite players in the current team, (football manager started that)

Will soon see, could be enough for the team.

Still shocked we've let Morelos leave without getting money for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.