Rank our CBs

For me its :

1- Laporte
2- Otamendi
3- Stones
4- Kompany
Hard to argue that really. Might put Stones above Otamendi, but that can really change given the day. Fact is that none of them are objectively bad defenders though.
Sometimes their errors come from mistakes higher up and there isn't much they can do to correct the situation unless they make a great recovering tackle or interception like Kompany made on Son yesterday.

For me its :

1- Laporte
2- Otamendi
3- Stones
4- Kompany

Stones over Otamendi when on form for me. Personally I think we should sell Otamendi in the summer and go all out for de ligt. We’d have three brilliant options and a strong, experienced back up.

Kompany is by mile the best of them all when fully fit. Even now. He probably can't play lot of games but those he does, he's just way better defender than any of them.

Laporte was very good this season though there are areas he could work on. He's weak in duels at times.

Otamendi - sometimes great, always warrior, but often loses his head.

Stones - I almost forgot what he is like.

All in all, only Kompany is one of the fully greats CB's there. Laporte is pretty good but will never be as good as Vinnie. Vinnie is just a proper fucking good defender. Strong, reads the game, good in the air, good organizer, the captain.

I just want to see the best partnership......and that's Laporte and Stones,starting Saturday i want to see them play as often as possible together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.