Rant - inconsitency, spouted nonsense and general blood

EalingBlue2 said:
So here for the inconsistencies.

1) Whinging about us not using our wealth and signing everyone in December whilst simultaneously whinging that 18m is too much for Santa Cruz or 12m too much for Parker! We either overpay or we negotiate and things take time! Simple concept
2) Whinging about us lacking effort, grit and character whilst at the same time whinging because we may sign Scot Parker.
3) Wanting us to be more solid defensively whilst demanding attacking signings.
4) Whinging about how quiet everything is and how the club aren't telling us anything whilst at the same time whinging that we aren't professional enough!
5) then there is the whinging about signing players who are not young enough but wanting more experience in the side.

1) Well I kind of think doing the preparatory work in the month or so building up to the transfer window is not such an outlandish concept and that amount of money for RSC and Parker is way too much. Overpaying initself is not the issue. Who you overpay for is. Bridge we overpaid but I don't see anyon moaning about his signing.
2) Yes but what does that have to do with Scott Parker?
3) Bridge
4) Again the club through Cook et al built up expectations "Transfers will be done quickly" "Expect a superstar signing to shock and awe" etc etc. I am happy to wait personally but if you raise peoples hopes its usually best to meet them before the natives get restless. Its PR 101.
5) Well we can do both ie sign promising talent and experience. Although we will end up hounding the promising talent in about 4 weeks so maybe not such a good idea!

Oh and I wish people would stop whining about what a difficult job Hughes has had to do and could we stop picking on the poor lamb and so on. Its embarrassing, largely unconvincing and still doesn't excuse the fact that we are 8 days into the transfer window and getting mugged over on average players because we find ourselves at the wrong end of the table (so much for the promise of top half by New Year)

Good post, some posters do take it all a bit too serious.

At the end of the day I personally think this is a great site, and people should enjoy the fact they can share their opinions on here free of charge with others, and learn to take the rough with the smooth.

One of the first posts that talks sense, well put and well said.

Nobody at the club has said we are going to be world beaters over night, nor has anyboby at the club said we are going to bring in the top players in this window, point of fact the club/MH has been speaking about steady build up and restraint -- having a 5-10 year plan. We would all like to see the worlds top players at CoMs, but it isnt going to happen over night, and if that means Bellamy and the like (who I have to say though I dislike him as a Person) to do a job for us and put some fight in the team. Then so be it. With the wealth the club now has time is on our side the giant has awoke once more.

You need to name names and give examples. Then these people can be hounded and abused without mercy untill they go away for ever.

just trying to be helpful ;-)

bobmcfc said:
The club has to take some of the blame for this here, they made us believe we were going get all the best players and challenge for honours. they dropped a huge bollock. only now results are shit they are telling us to be realistic !

you cant blame fans for being disapointed

The original Sheikh who brokered the deal was the one spouting off about big names. Once he was binned off, our new chairman was talking of a more sensible approach - ie, buying players that would improve the squad in stages with perhaps a marquee signing or two thrown in if we could attract them. Our current league position hasn't helped in that respect - nobody expected us to be where we are and that has significantly weakened our negotiating power. At no stage has our chairman spouted off about signing Kaka, Buffon, Messi and Villa all in one go and all in January - I'm sure we're doing our best to perhaps get one of those players in but anyone who expected a Fantasy Football style line-up by the end of this month should get their head out of the clouds and go play Championship Manager.

BobMcfc I would blame any City fan who is disappointed, honestly disappointment at City is like disappointment at not winning the lottery on a saturday night. If you are daft enough to get your expectations up you deserve it.

It is not as if it isn't a lesson learnt a thousand times.

Swales was going to bring us success and the best players in the world, Forward with Franny was going to bring glory, Bernstein and Bear Sterns were going to fund world beaters, Thaksin was going to make us the biggest in the world, Martin Phillips was the first 10 m player, Rick Holden was the best winger in the world, Trevor Francis was with us for life, Jon Sharpe was ten times the player Lee was, Moulden was going to be the first 50 goal striker since Dixie Dean.

It is not like the lessons of history don't tell you something about success coming easily to City is it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.