Raspberry Pi 2

Thaksins Love Child

Has anyone got one of these yet? Quad core processor 1gb of RAM and 6 times faster than the original.

I've already got the original model B unit running XBMC/Kodi that works great for HD movies and box sets for a £25 outlay.

Want one of these new ones but not sure what to use it for. Possibly a retro games emulator. The new version will also run Windows 10 or Ubuntu.

I have seen these in Maplins and always presumed they were microcontrollers, which were similar to Arduino, Have just had a read up on them and they seem a pretty nifty bit of kit.

The Windows 10 will be like the RT version on the Surface tablets not a fully fledged Windows OS because of the ARM processor. Just wanted to clarify that before people get ideas you can run a full Windows PC off one.

I'd like to get one as well bit just have no idea what I'd use it for.

Looking at getting one of these,
My dad is spending far too much on Sky a month. He is out of contract so thinking to get that cancelled, get the fastest possible internet installed at around £30/40 a month and get him a Pi setup with the addons for the football. Can just use freeview for the "normal" tv eg BBC 1 etc.

Been looking around however and found these "Android TV" boxes, will have to look into it more what will be best for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.