Rate The Drinks And Food (Prices) At The Etihad

After missing breakfast this weekend before the match I decided to seek some food before he game. Previously I've been to the chippy next to Mary Ds and had a decent pie chips and curry for £6. However the queue was back onto the New Road.

Thought I'd go and see what was on offer at the stalls at the back of Colin Bell. Had seen Prime Mutton on youtube recommend the Mexican burrito van. Went for a look however they were £12 and the queue was large. Didn't think was value so had a nosey at the pizza gaff next along. £8 for two small slices in a box. Also not vfm.

Decided I'd have a burger but were no burger stalls outside. Knew I'd seen Beefburgers on the menus inside the ground so thought I'd give them a whirl.

Once inside my hunger pangs were getting the better of me. The menu described it as a juicy burger in a brioche bun, which sounded appealing. Ordered one with fries and 2 coffees which was £17. When it arrived it wasn't a beefburger at all. "It's a burger sub" I was informed. It looked like a small Turkish meat kebab in a hot dog roll covered in ketchup, onions and mustard. Had a bite. It was cold, it was dry and didnt taste of anything really. I ate as I was hungry by now and couldn't be arsed with the Ballache of demanding my money back for something so poor.

It was a 1/5. Just. The fries were OK.

They won't be getting any of my money ever again for their food, it was overpriced expensive shit.

I'll queue up at the chippy.

Chicken balti pie yesterday, filling was good but pastry too thick and stodgy. 3/5 from me. I would love to see a choice of baked spuds or baguettes

Don’t normally eat at the ground. But the early start for some reason, meant my buttys were eaten before hand and by half time I felt hungry. So tried a steak pie… very nice had actual meat in it. Pastry a bit thick but easier to hold, so a 4 from me for quality , but probably rarely repeated at the price.

Tasteless? With all the sage and seasoning on them!
I don’t remember any other flavours other than greasy flaky pastry and tasteless sausage meat. Quality control issue perhaps?

Put it this way, I’m as far from a fussy eater that you can get, a human dustbin, but I threw half of it away.

I noticed some Asahi machines in NSL2 on Saturday. They’ve probably been there ages!!

When I’ve had food it’s been ok. The latte is pretty shite. Would like a decent coffee machine. <tin hat on>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.