Rate The Season

6/10

Positives: Golden Boot, Golden Glove, 2nd in the league, Qualified from CL group, beat Bayern.
Negatives: Surrendered title without a fight, poor showing in both cups, battered by United, no real progression in CL, embarrassing defeats to Burnley, Stoke, Palace and West Ham.

7/10
Could and should have been much better, in the end we were 8 points behind Chelsea, when you comsider that we dropped 7 points to the bottom 2 teams in the league you realise what may have been. This was a year when we should have kicked on but we treaded water for too long.

For what it's worth i think we will come good again next year, i was confident in August with the signings we made but it just didn't happen.

The problems this season were:
Too much rotation of the back 4.
A refusal by our manager to move away from 442 until it was too late.
Letting Negredo go without a replacement.
Allienating Jovetic by dropping him from the CL squad.
Yaya and the African cup of nations.

All of the above i fully expect to be resolved in the close season.

5/10

Surrendered the league very meekly in the January-March period
Two piss poor cup exits
No real season on season progress in the CL
Struggling to break down bus parkers
Too many poor results; 9 points out of 18 dropped against the three relegated teams.

In one word; underwhelming.

6/10. Would have been a notch higher had we done better in the cups.

Player wise I would rate as follows:

9/10-Aguero
8/10- Silva, Hart
7/10 - Milner, Fernandinho,
6.5/10- Toure, Navas, Lampard, Demichellis, Lampard, Mangala, Kolorov
6/10 - Nasri, zabaleta, Clichy, Bony
5/10 - Dzeko, Jovetic, Sagna, Fernando, Kompany

6.5/10 - a real mixed bag.

Piss poor performances in the domestic Cups, decent CL showing after a dodgy start.

I don't expect us to win the PL every season but we should be in close contention and the drop-off after New Year was really depressing, ending with what was a very poor derby performance at the Swamp (regardless of dodgy decisions).

A good finish to the season with Kun back on top form and Hart looking more like the keeper he can be. Plenty to do in the close season.

5/10 bang average. Runners up in the main trophy.

4 is a pass ie top 3.
6 is top 3 plus a trophy (domestic cup)
7 is winning the PL/CL.
10 is winning all 4.

Think big people.
We're more like a Real Madrid than a Sunderland (no disrespect mean't - they were us pre takeover) these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.