Rate this season

7/8 no trophy? 6/10 for me. Progress possibly as a squad but big season next year.

I wasn't expecting a trophy this season to be honest (though obviously one would have been nice). I wanted to see some improvement in our football and some hints of how we were going to play and I have been encouraged by much of what I have seen. Barring the Spurs, Leicester and Everton away games, I think we have been the better team in pretty much all games, even if the result hasn't gone our way.

We have perhaps too many ageing players past their best but we've had to rely on them so much due to injuries and suspensions. If we get the transfer window right, I think next season could see us really back at the top.

It's hard to judge this season until we see what happens next season. A top manager shouldn't really have the excuse of substandard players. He should be playing a system that suits the players he's got. You can hardly say we've got more substandard players than the teams above us in the table, especially Liverpool. Now if he thought he'll persevere with players that don't suit the system so that core of the squad know it next season, and it'll be easy to bring in the players that will allow it to work, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and judge it next season. But I thought the whole point of our setup was that everything had effectively been bought to play the "Pep way" before he even got here. We were told that Pellegrini was chosen specifically because of the style of football her plays.

Having said all that, the idea of sacking him is idiotic. It's nice when a manager comes in and gets instant results, but you shouldn't expect it.
No way I'd sack Pep. Overall very disappointing. Mind you very few options from the bench.

I Back the manager, but I think we will struggle to get 4th. We are just not good enough in front of goal.

at certain points we have played the best football I've ever seen.

Pep needs a couple of players but at the same time maybe he should have adapted for the time being better to the players he has.

3 out 10 even if we qualifty for the championsleague. We gave utd a a win via team selection in the league cup very arrogant, played too many different formastions in the league espeacilly In defence, thinking we only have to turn up and also poor game management. However I have seen better football being played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.