Rayan Aït-Nouri

Mendy is twice the left back Zinchenko is. Zinchy not good enough for our midfield unfortunately

I'd take him as an 8 over Gundogan any day of the week.

If he's leaving I hope he demands on playing midfield for his next club. I think a few on here would be surprised at just how good he is in his natural position.

Has anyone actually watched him play? I'm on my second video and I don't think I've seen anything Mendy doesn't do.

It's harder to gauge fullbacks from their highlights because it never shows things like how they react in transition.

Can he actually defend? I don't feel like there's much point in signing another left back who is decent going forward but average defensively because, in our system, average defenders become poor defenders.

Not expecting much of a response because Angers aren't a team I'd be expecting anyone to watch but there seems to be a lot of positivity about him and it would be good to know why.

Only clips, but anyway, Ait-Nouri made 17 league appearances, Mendy 19 so comparable

Tackle success rate: Ait-Nouri - 73% (29/40), Mendy - 50% (18/36).
Interceptions: Ait-Nouri - 18, Mendy - 16.
Fouls: Ait-Nouri - 12, Mendy - 12.
Fouled: Ait-Nouri - 12, Mendy - 1.
Clearances: Ait-Nouri - 25, Mendy - 17.
Shots/Crosses/Passes Blocked: Ait-Nouri - 1/8/13, Mendy - 2/4/8.
Dribble success: Ait Nouri - 54.3% (19/35), Mendy - 66.7% (22/33)
Dispossessed: Ait-Nouri - 24, Mendy - 17.
Heading success: Ait-Nouri - 72% (18/25), Mendy - 44.1% (15/34)
Short pass completion: Ait-Nouri 83.9% (454/541), Mendy - 90.7% (943/1,040)
Long pass completion: Ait-Nouri 36.5% (27/74), Mendy 50.8% (32/63)
Key passes: Ait-Nouri - 9, Mendy - 20.

So Mendy has more about him going forward, but naturally he plays for us and he's one of the most attacking full-backs in the world. Ait-Nouri, for a mid-table French team, has been strong defensively and has a distinct advantage aerially. This backs up what I've seen from the clips where he has good anticipation and is good at going in and winning the ball back, so for me the defensive fundamentals are solid and the attacking side, well it's room for improvement but also he'd get that freedom here, and he shows more attacking flair and impetus for the French youth teams when he plays with better players.

So as a project, I'm enthusiastic as it would be nice to have another natural LB than patching up the position with midfielders.

Has anyone actually watched him play? I'm on my second video and I don't think I've seen anything Mendy doesn't do.

It's harder to gauge fullbacks from their highlights because it never shows things like how they react in transition.

Can he actually defend? I don't feel like there's much point in signing another left back who is decent going forward but average defensively because, in our system, average defenders become poor defenders.

Not expecting much of a response because Angers aren't a team I'd be expecting anyone to watch but there seems to be a lot of positivity about him and it would be good to know why.

He’s already a good player but more an incredible prospect. The first link below describes his qualities, and the second link is from our counterpart forum for SCO Angers and has pages on the player and his pending move.

Think it was recognised at the start of last season that he would definitely depart, but he then signed an extension, which I think shows loyalty and repays his club’s commitment. I sense we might have been tracking and working on this one for some time.

They seem to agree that he is an exceptional prospect but one who still needs to develop, especially physically. Their fans fear we’ll loan him out and waste him, but they acknowledge that whoever gets him and nurtures him will have one of the best players in that position for years to come. Hope that helps.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...8-el-punal-que-ato-en-corto-jorge-mendes.html

https://forum.sco1919.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10193&hilit=Manchester+City&start=1170

From what I have seen this kid is incredibly raw. If we bought him I think he'd be below Mendy, Aké and Cancelo as a LB option if there was an important game.

That doesn't mean I'm against it, but I do wonder if it's necessary.

From what I have seen this kid is incredibly raw. If we bought him I think he'd be below Mendy, Aké and Cancelo as a LB option if there was an important game.

That doesn't mean I'm against it, but I do wonder if it's necessary.

If he develops into one of the best left backs in the world then it'd be necessary

If he develops into one of the best left backs in the world then it'd be necessary

Not really. He could for example spend another year playing every game and developing at a much quicker rate instead of being 4th choice LB and getting <10 games all season.

Only clips, but anyway, Ait-Nouri made 17 league appearances, Mendy 19 so comparable

Tackle success rate: Ait-Nouri - 73% (29/40), Mendy - 50% (18/36).
Interceptions: Ait-Nouri - 18, Mendy - 16.
Fouls: Ait-Nouri - 12, Mendy - 12.
Fouled: Ait-Nouri - 12, Mendy - 1.
Clearances: Ait-Nouri - 25, Mendy - 17.
Shots/Crosses/Passes Blocked: Ait-Nouri - 1/8/13, Mendy - 2/4/8.
Dribble success: Ait Nouri - 54.3% (19/35), Mendy - 66.7% (22/33)
Dispossessed: Ait-Nouri - 24, Mendy - 17.
Heading success: Ait-Nouri - 72% (18/25), Mendy - 44.1% (15/34)
Short pass completion: Ait-Nouri 83.9% (454/541), Mendy - 90.7% (943/1,040)
Long pass completion: Ait-Nouri 36.5% (27/74), Mendy 50.8% (32/63)
Key passes: Ait-Nouri - 9, Mendy - 20.

So Mendy has more about him going forward, but naturally he plays for us and he's one of the most attacking full-backs in the world. Ait-Nouri, for a mid-table French team, has been strong defensively and has a distinct advantage aerially. This backs up what I've seen from the clips where he has good anticipation and is good at going in and winning the ball back, so for me the defensive fundamentals are solid and the attacking side, well it's room for improvement but also he'd get that freedom here, and he shows more attacking flair and impetus for the French youth teams when he plays with better players.

So as a project, I'm enthusiastic as it would be nice to have another natural LB than patching up the position with midfielders.

You'll be hard pressed to find a LB with worse defensive stats than Mendy.. He's utterly shite. £ for £ our worst signing ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.