RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 22nd Feb, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always look forward to games, and I hope that the pattern that has seen us concede from the oppositions' first shot on goal is not going to affect us in the way that it has done recently. From The Athletic:

Manchester City have conceded a goal from their opponents’ first shot on target in each of the past four games.

What’s more, it has happened in 10 Premier League games this season — or around 42 per cent of their matches.

That is a strange stat, and incredibly frustrating as a fan, but perhaps not so much in the light of some players nearing the end of their careers with City, but us still playing the high-line, possession game. As opponents find solutions, and the rapid counter is one of them, you become vulnerable if the level of the team is not quite what it was, and it isn't. We are capable of great performances, of course, and of good results, but the ability of some players to do it game in, and game out, is starting to dissipate, and a summer refresh is needed.

Tonight, no KDB, Laporte, or Stones - key players - but I hope that Foden and Alvarez can get proper minutes and show that the transition is on the way. Hopefully, we can put the game to bed early-ish, and Phillips, Perone, and Gomez can get some game time.

I always look forward to games, and I hope that the pattern that has seen us concede from the oppositions' first shot on goal is not going to affect us in the way that it has done recently. From The Athletic:

Manchester City have conceded a goal from their opponents’ first shot on target in each of the past four games.

What’s more, it has happened in 10 Premier League games this season — or around 42 per cent of their matches.

That is a strange stat, and incredibly frustrating as a fan, but perhaps not so much in the light of some players nearing the end of their careers with City, but us still playing the high-line, possession game. As opponents find solutions, and the rapid counter is one of them, you become vulnerable if the level of the team is not quite what it was, and it isn't. We are capable of great performances, of course, and of good results, but the ability of some players to do it game in, and game out, is starting to dissipate, and a summer refresh is needed.

Tonight, no KDB, Laporte, or Stones - key players - but I hope that Foden and Alvarez can get proper minutes and show that the transition is on the way. Hopefully, we can put the game to bed early-ish, and Phillips, Perone, and Gomez can get some game time.
No KDB,gets a rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.