RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

looks well over 45k to me
It was 45k they talk shite ,bear in mind there was about 26 liepzig instead of 3k that takes too 48k which is a great turn out,chelsea was 39k about 4k under capacity yet no one says shit,and they av just fuckin won the thing haha,all them bellends on talk sport are just jelous fuckers and only thing they can say bad about us,pep needs too turn it in with them comments tho,im sure he will know by now

I didn't turn up for the following reasons:
  1. Can not stand UEFA or their money grabbing competition.
  2. The public transport (Metrolink) is appaling at the best of times and worse for night matches.
  3. Kick-off time far too late, all because of the great God television.
So there it is, but I will be there on Saturday for a competition with far greater appeal and on the whole a better standard of football.
Turn off your tv when we play in this competition if you have no interest in it. UEFA money grabbing? Take a look at premier league games they’re really cheap.

We scored 16 goals in the last three games here. I'd like more people to come on Saturday. We will be tired. Southampton are so dangerous. I invite all our people to come 3pm to watch our game."
Sorry PC I don’t see anything too awful about this. He sounds like he just wants a little more passion from the crowd. Trouble is its the media and rival fans that pick up on it too not just us. I agree he shouldn’t have said it full stop.

Sorry PC I don’t see anything too awful about this. He sounds like he just wants a little more passion from the crowd. Trouble is its the media and rival fans that pick up on it too not just us. I agree he shouldn’t have said it full stop.

It's not the first time he's said such and as you say he shouldn't have said it. All its done is give all the usual suspects another stick to beat us with

For both sides
All our defenders were all over the place for their three goals, and what was Ederson doing for their third
That was dreadful positioning

And four of our goals were down to terrible defending
Two players stood ball watching as Ake ran in
A calamitous back header
A defender who leads for a header with an arm
And Grealish 's goal, as well taken as it was, the defender doesn't close him down wide allowing him to saunter into the penalty area, then shows him onto his strongest foot!

Anyway, we'll take it and move on

Don't forget the near misses ie the disallowed goals by fine margins too

Like many others, the manager's comments have touched a raw nerve just as I was started to warm to the new season. They've overshadowed what was otherwise a really enjoyable night and entertaining game. They've made me less motivated to give my support than before when the club itself doesn't seem to appreciate the effort made. For reasons that have been well documented on here, relations between the club and fans were poor even before these ill-judged comments were made. Whatever the intention was, it was obvious how the comments would be construed by an already hostile media who, predictably, have not passed up another great opportunity to attack us. Unwittingly or not, the comments have only served to instigate a full scale pile on by the MSM towards us fans including those like me who turned up the other night. As someone with a significant emotional connection to the club, the criticism hurts even from the rent-a-gobs on Talksport, the yellow pens on MUEN and seat counters on "football twitter." Irrational as it may seem, I do get very defensive when they insult the history of the club or the fanbase as it's a big part of my personal identity, more than it perhaps should be. The club has taken me to the depths of despair and elation more than most of these idiots could ever dream about. I'll be a fan long after he or any of the current players have departed. I'll be watching today's press conference with interest. He has a lot of grovelling to do to repair things. Sure, I'll be there tomorrow but I won't be singing his name and I hope others don't either.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.