Re: Dunne. How much of this do you agree with?

Dunnie has been a great servant for the club and a link to the bad ole days.But £6m is good business even if we are loaded.However even if we sell him to a rival club i would love to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity in the future in recognition of his loyalty down the years

Excellent post, I agree entirely,

With the money now behind us and ambitions to break the top four Dunne is simply not good enough to play at that level. I feel keeping him would be more for sentimental reasons when a cold hearted football decision needs to be made.

£6 million is good business for a player who has been a great servant to the club, but just isn't good enough for where we hope to end up i.e. the Champions League.

I know this sounds rational. It will be terrible to watch him leave or, retire. But if we're unconfident when he's in defence, why not move him up into a holding role?
He's massive, and always seems to do well when he goes forward on rare occasions. Maybe push him into midfield for a game or two and see what happens.
If Khaldoon and Cook do read this then the news will eventually filter through to Dunney that we dont have confidence in our captain anymore. To see him go to somewhere like Villa (who have just signed Stephen Warnock so maybe Dunne won't leave). He's been told he has a future here. When he retires, or its his last game for the club we'll give him a really massive send off.
If he does end up on the bench alot, we're lucky to have someone better than he has been for the club in the starting 11. But to have someone of Dunne's stature and folklore credentials on the bench does look good.
He hasn't gone yet so lets see what happens. Good Luck to him and hopefully he'll return as a coach if he returns.

Richard has been a great servant to the club both as a player and a club captain and has deserved his player of the year tags. We now have some great defenders at the club and yes they have cost a lot of money but that doesn't mean they will automatically gel together. In my opinion Richard should not be sold during this transfer window but should be given a chance to fight for his place with everyone else at least until the January window. It's not like the reported £6m we would get from his sale is needed at this point. If Richard wants to leave now then that's fine, but as a professional footballer of the higest integrity I feel (and hope) he would rather fight for his place and have a chance at the glory he has given so much to try to bring to our club over the last 9 years.
If he does go we should all thank Richard for his service from the bottom of our big blue hearts as his type of commitment to a football club is sadly missing in todays football world.
(and I would really miss the OWN GOAL SWEEPSTAKE every season)

I stopped reading that when you got to this bit...

Good luck, Dunney, you've been a real credit to Manchester City.

Good post. :)

Player of the Decade for us.

It will be a great shame to see him leave but it makes sense. The errors, penalties, own goals and sending offs are not bad luck, they're a direct consequence of his style of play. When we were a struggling/mid table team his strengths outweighed those weaknesses. Now that we're aiming to go up a level we cannot afford defensive mistakes, we need greater composure at the back.

It would have been great if he could have stayed as a back up but that would probably have been too humiliating for him.

superb post, have to agree 100%.... if only all posts were of that calibre!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.