Read all about it - Essential City reads - a list

best one i've read is Paul Lakes im not really here ,that IS an essential read.Read it in about three days.

Vienna_70 said:
Blue Moon Rising is a good read.

It tracks City's fall and rise in the ten years from 1990 to the promotion back to the Premier League at Blackburn in 2000.

Also, Cult Heroes was very enjoyable, even if I didn't agree with all the selections.

-- 19 Feb 2013, 17:02 --

bluekeith said:
robert nixon big hands big heart , I cant believe he just went to reception at maine road and asked for a trial and he got one

Don't you mean Eric Nixon?
no he was born robert and at the age of one his dad changed it

Bodicoteblue said:
Schindler's book was quite good -even if he did become a complete tw*t as he reached senility

I have only read 'Manchester United Ruined My Life'. That was awful.

Apart from those mentioned on this thread, I would recommend 'Lows, Highs and Chicken Balti Pies'.

I have to admit that I found the Colin Bell and Shaun Goater autobiographies very dull. But then I have found most autobiographies a chore to read.

Bodicoteblue said:
Must be me then - I did quite enjoy it

me too, and the one about the sumerbees.

although he has been a complete twat since the etihad takeover

i change the subject a little ,15 or so years ago when pcs and laptops were in their infency ,a work mate told me off a website or game ,as i did not understand the concept at the time im not sure exactly what it was ,anyway remember this was when we were down york ect,this website .showed city as one of euros elite ,playing in a 50,000 plus stadium ,pure fanta, im sure he told me the game /website was called "my blue heaven" can anyone shed any light please,sorry for the shit post

pirate said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Must be me then - I did quite enjoy it

me too, and the one about the sumerbees.

although he has been a complete twat since the etihad takeover

I enjoyed his book about the Summerbees.

I haven't read any of his others.

And considering his comments about City since the takeover, I won't be, either!

Mike Doyle's autobiography is worth reading.
Mike Summerbee's is Ok, but he dwells too much on George Best
Rodney Marsh's is worth avoiding

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.