Readers comment in the MEN regarding our Academy

True_Blue69 said:
Vienna_70 said:
The main mantra of the Academy is that results don't matter; the important thing is player development.

And at the moment, the oldest players don't seem to be developing to their obvious potential at younger age level.

I'm sure this will be corrected with time, even if we have to wait until we move to the new development.

That's the same with any academy. I have had quite a lot of conversations with various coaches and directors of football academies and for them the team losing every game but producing 1 player who goes on to be a regular for the first team is more of a success than the team winning every game but no players making it.
They are just getting their excuses in first. It is possible to develop good players and win a few matches along the way. Our youth policy was strongest, and we brought more players through, when we won the Youth Cup. Chelsea are miles better than us at youth level. Spain won tournaments at all levels (including David Silva) before they became world class senior players. We have a good group at under 16 level and hopefully they will come through.

big blueballs said:
The poster of that comment is a guy called Ted Knott a supposed blue, who never has anything positive to say, he is well known for it on the MEN site, he isn't taken seriously on there for obvious reasons, so all that he posts is taken with a pinch of salt

He has been at it since the days of The Pink, he was a regular letter writer back in the day....

Supposed blue = never a blue!

Sorry but I cant get past 'Sir' Alex. If he's a blue then he's a dick. I have never known a blue call Bacon 'Sir'.

Barcon said:
As soon as I read the O.P, I knew exactly who had wrote that and I haven't even been on that site since the day I came here. I bet edski vega, blueboy and spiderboy are still on there as well, trying their best to pretend not to be rags.

i always suspected spiderboy of being a rag muen employee/journalist with some responsibility for deciding which comments were posted (in those days they checked the content before allowing it to be posted on the site) because whenever i took spiderboy to task for his comments, my comments never actually appeared on the site.

badmash said:
Didn't they give Marwood a job running the academy or something?

No just the site. Seriously, he is being eased out of the club and will be gone when the campus opens.

big blueballs said:
The poster of that comment is a guy called Ted Knott a supposed blue, who never has anything positive to say, he is well known for it on the MEN site, he isn't taken seriously on there for obvious reasons, so all that he posts is taken with a pinch of salt

He has been at it since the days of The Pink, he was a regular letter writer back in the day....

I remember his letters in the pink, Ted Knott from Droylsden.

bobbyowenquiff said:
True_Blue69 said:
Vienna_70 said:
The main mantra of the Academy is that results don't matter; the important thing is player development.

And at the moment, the oldest players don't seem to be developing to their obvious potential at younger age level.

I'm sure this will be corrected with time, even if we have to wait until we move to the new development.

That's the same with any academy. I have had quite a lot of conversations with various coaches and directors of football academies and for them the team losing every game but producing 1 player who goes on to be a regular for the first team is more of a success than the team winning every game but no players making it.

They are just getting their excuses in first. It is possible to develop good players and win a few matches along the way. Our youth policy was strongest, and we brought more players through, when we won the Youth Cup. Chelsea are miles better than us at youth level. Spain won tournaments at all levels (including David Silva) before they became world class senior players. We have a good group at under 16 level and hopefully they will come through.

We brought more players through because the first team was shite in comparison to what we have now.

Crompton, Mills, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, Redmond, Thackeray, White, Moulden, Lake, Scott, Boyd, Bookbinder, Macauley

Of those that became regulars,

would Hinchcliffe replace Clichy?
would Redmond replace Kompany or Lescott? Is he as good at the same age as Nastatic?
would White replace Silva?
would Moulden replace Kun?
would Lake replace Yaya?

Probably not to all of those questions

Only Lake may have been used like Garcia other than that for me the story would have been same as that faced by the following lads

Hartley, Trippier, Mee, Boyata, McGivern, Weiss, Kay, Tutte, McDermott, Ball, Mak, Mentel, Nimely-Tchuimeni, Poole, Ibrahim, Tsiaklis

However how many of them would have replaced the players of the 1986 first team? The ones that Lake and his crew had to replace.

Nixon, Clements, Power, McCarthy, Reid, Simpson, McNab, May, Phillips, Davies, Lillis with additional appearances from Wilson, Melrose, Kinsey, Baker and McIiroy.

It's fair to say the road was a little easier for the '86 youth lads

The problem is that the bar has been raised so high, so fast, no academy could adjust this quickly. It appears, unfortunately we have lost a 3 or 4 years supply of lads but if the players aged under 16 or 17 now, can get to the bar, we are in safe hands and some have paid the price.

KenTheLandlord said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
True_Blue69 said:

We brought more players through because the first team was shite in comparison to what we have now.

Crompton, Mills, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, Redmond, Thackeray, White, Moulden, Lake, Scott, Boyd, Bookbinder, Macauley

Of those that became regulars,

would Hinchcliffe replace Clichy?
would Redmond replace Kompany or Lescott? Is he as good at the same age as Nastatic?
would White replace Silva?
would Moulden replace Kun?
would Lake replace Yaya?

Probably not to all of those questions

Only Lake may have been used like Garcia other than that for me the story would have been same as that faced by the following lads

Hartley, Trippier, Mee, Boyata, McGivern, Weiss, Kay, Tutte, McDermott, Ball, Mak, Mentel, Nimely-Tchuimeni, Poole, Ibrahim, Tsiaklis

However how many of them would have replaced the players of the 1986 first team? The ones that Lake and his crew had to replace.

Nixon, Clements, Power, McCarthy, Reid, Simpson, McNab, May, Phillips, Davies, Lillis with additional appearances from Wilson, Melrose, Kinsey, Baker and McIiroy.

It's fair to say the road was a little easier for the '86 youth lads

The problem is that the bar has been raised so high, so fast, no academy could adjust this quickly. It appears, unfortunately we have lost a 3 or 4 years supply of lads but if the players aged under 16 or 17 now, can get to the bar, we are in safe hands and some have paid the price.

"We brought more players through because the first team was shite in comparison to what we have now"

The above paragraph from the landlord sums up perfectly the Acadamy,past and present.
To move on,we dont need ex City players coaching them,we need the worlds best coach's at that level
And I am pretty sure that with the money that is being invested in the campus,that the best coach's will be following

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.