Readers Gardens

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
Bluemooners - show us your gardens, especially lady gardeners.

I've never been much of a gardener, but I've always trimmed my bush and kept it looking fairly tidy. This year I've worked my arse off, and here's a of pic of the fruits of my labour. I'm sat out now, drinking "Thatchers Vintage Dry Cider" on my laptop. All you young 'uns - help your parents out with the gardening you lazy little shits.

pict0005p.jpg

My garden isn't up to it as yet but does attract the right critters, including sparrowhawks.

1 day,

1 day

Our front garden is a disgrace. It was fine until a few weeks ago when hubby decided to lop down the two conifers that had been there since 1993.

The roots are proving a massive problem.

mackenzie said:
Our front garden is a disgrace. It was fine until a few weeks ago when hubby decided to lop down the two conifers that had been there since 1993.

copper nails, destroys the roots - eventually

bornblueegg said:
mackenzie said:

The only other suggestion we have had was from next door neighbour's daughter. She got her husband to use his Mercedes to pull the buggers out when she had the same problem.

That won't work at ours because we live on a busy road. And we don't have a Mercedes. ;-)

mackenzie said:
bornblueegg said:
mackenzie said:

The only other suggestion we have had was from next door neighbour's daughter. She got her husband to use his Mercedes to pull the buggers out when she had the same problem.

That won't work at ours because we live on a busy road. And we don't have a Mercedes. ;-)
The problem is finding copper nails! 1 straight into the bottom of the stump causes a reaction that kills the tree. Someone will, no doubt, tell you the reason but I've had a beer and can't remember. Good luck though, evergreens can be a pain.

bornblueegg said:
mackenzie said:
bornblueegg said:
mackenzie said:

The problem is finding copper nails! 1 straight into the bottom of the stump causes a reaction that kills the tree. Someone will, no doubt, tell you the reason but I've had a beer and can't remember. Good luck though, evergreens can be a pain.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Much appreciated and will bear it in mind.

My garden at home's nothing special, I'd like it to be more, but it ain't all that because after spending all week gardening, last thing I want to do is my own. So instead I'll show you some of the gardens that I maintain:

domestic_1.jpg

domestic_3.jpg

commercial_4.jpg

There's a load of others, but I can't be @rsed putting pictures up! :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.