Readers Gardens

It's a work in progress but we're getting there. Even had my 10 yr old daughter weeding with me today, you've never heard moaning like it.

3626589036_f2f5535b8a.jpg

If you're still there Scally...

I have sacked my gardeners so am a bit lost (totally clueless in other words).

I had 3 really nice, new fuchsias in pots last year but not one of them have come up again this year. Have they definitely died or can they sometimes skip a year?

Even the slowest of fuchsias should have new growth on them by now. Some of the frost tender fuchsias are borderline to varying degrees and do come through if the winter has been a mild one, the winter we've just had wasn't that mild.

merlot somme said:
Even the slowest of fuchsias should have new growth on them by now. Some of the frost tender fuchsias are borderline to varying degrees and do come through if the winter has been a mild one, the winter we've just had wasn't that mild.

That's what I thought too :(

They were bloody gorgeous too so I'm really pissed off about it. I left their pots empty in the hope that they were still alive, but dormant - should I now dig them up and let them go?

GARDENERS???!!!!

My God, what do you have, an estate??!!!

If they're in pots, then they could have been more vulnurable to the last winter, and the frost and cold weather could have got to them a lot more easily than if they'd have been in the ground.

If they haven't come up by now, then there is a chance they've had it. You could always transplant them to a corner of the garden to see if they'll come up next more, but it's doubtful.

Fucksherrs (as they're called in Shameless) are fairly cheap, so maybe try again with some new ones, and protect them in the winter?

toby said:
30lcxa1.jpg

this is one side of the decking with my birdhouse I made

2eghd7l.jpg

this is other end of decking and we use the fire all year round
Some dodgy brickwork there

scall1 said:
GARDENERS???!!!!

My God, what do you have, an estate??!!!
It was only two of them :(

I don't have a big garden honest.
scall1 said:
If they're in pots, then they could have been more vulnurable to the last winter, and the frost and cold weather could have got to them a lot more easily than if they'd have been in the ground.

If they haven't come up by now, then there is a chance they've had it. You could always transplant them to a corner of the garden to see if they'll come up next more, but it's doubtful.

Fucksherrs (as they're called in Shameless) are fairly cheap, so maybe try again with some new ones, and protect them in the winter?
One of them started to grow, and then just stopped again :( I think the winter did for them, I seem to have suffered more than the rest of Wiltshire by the looks of things.

I'll bung them out and see what happens.

Thank you xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.