Reading Challenge 2024

Hopefully you can find some interesting stuff on this thread and last year's:-

Thanks! I'll take a look

Read a few Sarah J Mass books last few months very good easy ready good story and the type of books I like and can’t put down!

I’ve read the two books of Throne of glass series and nearly finished Heir of fire! If your going to start them start with The assassin’s Blade first that introduces you to the main character..

Also I’ve read the first two books of Mike Shackle series loved them and be starting the third book after I’ve finished Sarah J maas Heir of fire..

What types of book do you normally read? What genre?
I was born in USSR so basically it was all the classics. Entering the western culture in the 90's I started to read almost everything. Lee Child, John Sandford, Joe R Lansdale and so on. In the summer of 2021 I found this gem: A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole and earlier this one: A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman. This kind of literature is very difficult to find and I'll be thankfull for those who'll help me to find something similar.

I was born in USSR so basically it was all the classics. Entering the western culture in the 90's I started to read almost everything. Lee Child, John Sandford, Joe R Lansdale and so on. In the summer of 2021 I found this gem: A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole and earlier this one: A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman. This kind of literature is very difficult to find and I'll be thankfull for those who'll help me to find something similar.

Can't say I've read anything like those two you mention.

I notice that A Man Called Ove is now a film starring Tom Hanks, with "Ove" now retitled "Otto".

Hoping this year to spend more time reading and less doomscrolling. Was a fairly consistent reader before the kids came along and as they increasingly find us embarrassing to associate with (other than for lifts) might try and return to being more of one.

My 'plan' is to alternate between my guilty pleasure of Italian noir (of varying quality tbf) and some classics. For the 'good' stuff I'm starting with Graham Greene, some of which I read when I was younger.

I'd be up for reading a communal book or two.

The Lost Painting....The search for a Caravaggio masterpiece.
Jonathan Harr.
Loved it.Brilliantly told search for a lost Caravaggio masterpiece The Taking of Christ.
The detective work involved by art scholars trying to find a lost Caravaggio I found fascinating.

8/10
Now onto Act of Oblivion by Robert Harris.

Attachments

• download (14).jpeg
    download (14).jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 3
I can't believe I've only just found this thread! My favourite on Bluemoon.

About half of my reading is by audiobook whilst out running, but that is curtailed at the moment due to injury. I'm hoping to get out again soon though.

Thanks for tagging me on a few posts. All my browsing is via Tapatalk, and the tagging function isn't alerting me right now, hence not picking up on the tags.

I'm definitely up for reading a few communal books, and would hope for something outside of my go to genres. There are a few titles that have already caught my eye after catching up on this thread.

I used to really enjoy Britain's Lost Masterpieces on TV, and I might give The Lost Painting a go when I've finished my current two books.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.