Reading glasses

I'm 55 and have never worn glasses, always had good sight.....until I put on a pair of readers recently and realised how much visual loss has crept up on me, seeing graphics so clearly has given me a boost.
Should probably just get my eyes tested but what could be wrong with the cheap ones?
Same mate, I bought 5 pairs of x2 off Amazon for a tenner. Perfect.

Short sighted here, but perfect near vision. Thing is I can't wear the varifocals they disorientate me so the glasses I wear are on and off all the time.

Horrendous those varifocals. Tried to use them in a shop and nearly fell over. Sent them back after a month and replaced them with a pair for reading and a pair for watching telly and driving ( which I barely use)....

Anyone know of any cheap robust readers ? I’m a carpenter and forever breaking them in my pocket at work

An acquaintance of mine is an eye surgeon so I asked him if there is any problem wearing the pound shop reading glasses, he said no. That doesn't preclude you from visiting the optician regularly.
For prescription glasses, I buy from select specs, £6 a pair.

Aldi and lidl have them as does Wilkos. Must be able to get them on line but at least in shops you can try them for strength. I've got about a dozen different pairs of 2s and they're all the same.
I’ve used the £2 a pair all the time but I’m just sick off them breaking all the time ..Don’t mind edging into double figures if they are bit more durable

Horrendous those varifocals. Tried to use them in a shop and nearly fell over. Sent them back after a month and replaced them with a pair for reading and a pair for watching telly and driving ( which I barely use)....
Sorry SB but the ones I have and have done for several years now, are far better than having two pairs.Would never go back to owning to pairs and if you get the proper eye test done they should enable to use the top half for watching tv/driving and the bottom half for reading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.