Real Madrid 2nd leg - how?!

If the FA (as UEFAs representatives in England) have declared it safe to play football in England, and (this will be the critical one) the UK "government" (and I use the word in its loosest sense!) have reached agreement with spain for an air bridge to allow unfettered access then Real have no case, unless of course they wish to concede the tie.

The key factor is whether the air bridge will be in place before UEFA feel the need to interfere/make a decision

As long as they cannot score away goals then it could be fair. If they beat us by 1 goal at a neutral venue then we should progress and if they beat us by two goals then they should go through. No extra time or penalties. I’d fancy our chances like that.
How would travelling further than Madrid for our home game be fair?

No, just the playing at home advantage.

I think that the neutral venue in Portugal has the advantage that you could have a better preparation for the rest of the tournament. It is only half a week to a week between the final of 8 and the quarter final.

I don't think they're lobbying for all second leg ties to be played at a neutral venue. Just ours, because of the higher risk of coronavirus in the UK.
I don't think they're lobbying for all second leg ties to be played at a neutral venue. Just ours, because of the high risk that Real will get knocked out without any little bit of help they can get.
I think the above is what you meant but you had a few typo's....

If the FA (as UEFAs representatives in England) have declared it safe to play football in England, and (this will be the critical one) the UK "government" (and I use the word in its loosest sense!) have reached agreement with spain for an air bridge to allow unfettered access then Real have no case, unless of course they wish to concede the tie.

The key factor is whether the air bridge will be in place before UEFA feel the need to interfere/make a decision
Money talks, bullshit walks!

The rules need to be adapted (they won't) so that our away goals actually still count for something, therefore I present...

• Madrid win 1-0 in 90 mins - City go through on away goals
  • Madrid win 2-1 in 90 mins - Extra Time
  • Mardid win 3-2 in 90 mins - Extra Time

Basically no way in hell should Madrid be able to go through on the 'Away Goals' rule since we've had to forfeit home advantage. We scored our away goals in a capacity Bernabeu and any they score will be in a neutral ground with no fans.

Even if Madrid won 2-1 in normal time I'd give them extra time to try and win outright on aggregate and if they can't then we go through on away goals.

With the Spanish Government announcing there will be no 14 day quarantine for visitors from the UK.

And UK government going to reciprocate.

I dont see how UEFA have a case for denying us our home advantage.

Saying that though,it is UEFA.

And the Lilly whites are their darlings.

The rules need to be adapted (they won't) so that our away goals actually still count for something, therefore I present...

• Madrid win 1-0 in 90 mins - City go through on away goals
  • Madrid win 2-1 in 90 mins - Extra Time
  • Mardid win 3-2 in 90 mins - Extra Time

Basically no way in hell should Madrid be able to go through on the 'Away Goals' rule since we've had to forfeit home advantage. We scored our away goals in a capacity Bernabeu and any they score will be in a neutral ground with no fans.

Even if Madrid won 2-1 in normal time I'd give them extra time to try and win outright on aggregate and if they can't then we go through on away goals.
Bollox to that. In these circumstances away goals in the 2nd leg simply shouldn't count double if the tie scores are level. After all we fans can't be there. That means Real would have to win by 2 goals whatever the score to get through if the game is played at a neutral venue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.