Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

I disagree with you. You're talking "if this, if that". "we could have been down".....fact is we possessed the ball way more than a world class team with our talisman missing at their ground in front of their immense support. We have just played 2 intense games and travelled to London compared to their 9 days off.

I can't put into words how proud I am of our boys tonight. We were the better team. How any City fan can knock that performance over there I scratch my head. I respect your opinion though but I completely disagree.

Well done Pep and everyone at City.
Great post.

I disagree with you. You're talking "if this, if that". "we could have been down".....fact is we possessed the ball way more than a world class team with our talisman missing at their ground in front of their immense support. We have just played 2 intense games and travelled to London compared to their 9 days off.

I can't put into words how proud I am of our boys tonight. We were the better team. How any City fan can knock that performance over there I scratch my head. I respect your opinion though but I completely disagree.

Well done Pep and everyone at City.
Superb summary

Good counter argument that, it's my analysis of what I watched.

tnt were praising it all, but they were virtually cheering the madrid goals (as per usual when they have City on), they love a good game for the nuetral, ie chaos, especially if it's City.

As I said, I see it as a great result, but it wasn't a great performance, and had they had their shooting boots at top drawer, we could easily be out now, luckily they weren't, and some of ours was.

They got 2 fortunate goals no doubt, but on our side I thought Kovacic (who I like) was pretty poor in the role he had, and he left Rodri too much work. Foden was poor in the first half, certainly better in the second. Haaland I thought was poor all night, he just doesn't work hard enough in some of the bigger games (ignore what mcpointy was saying - he was just spouting shit all night).

We (fans) shouldn't expect to go there and have total control, or expect to win (and I didn't), but we're a better "team" than we were tonight imho. Just thought that we gave the ball away far too often in dangerous spots, control is being able to keep it, even under pressure, even against the best players.
We had better chances hence the higher xG from one fewer chance.

Would've probably taken that at the start and, without tempting fate, I didn't see much to frighten us at The Etihad in that Madrid team. They were incredibly fortunate with their first goal and Akanji was unlucky with their second. Even in the build up to the match Real didn't come across as anywhere near the same bullish, confident team they usually (deservedly given their CL history) are and appeared to be very aware of the challenge we present. If we play anywhere near our potential next week we should progress, hopefully Walker will be fit and available and Bellingham plays to the level he did last night.

Considering we played with 10 men, with Haaland anonymous, it’s a decent result
Haaland needs service. It’s not as if he put half a dozen shots wide. It’s a role in the team that relies on assists

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.