Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

It shows how incredible this team is when going to the Bernabeu in CL quarter final and not dominating for 90 minutes, restricting Madrid to zero chances and winning with ease is deemed a poor performance.

Personally I thought we were exceptional in terms of dealing with the specific circumstances of that match.

That’s how you win big trophies.

It shows how incredible this team is when going to the Bernabeu in CL quarter final and not dominating for 90 minutes, restricting Madrid to zero chances and winning with ease is deemed a poor performance.

Personally I thought we were exceptional in terms of dealing with the specific circumstances of that match.

We drew

We drew, they had chances

I don't know what to say. What a game!

The first half was sloppy, but that's to be expected. Real had focussed on this for 9 days and we were off the pace. But what a second half. We controlled the game, stuck to our task and were brilliant. A shame we couldn't hold the lead, we could have kept possession a bit better but Real Madrid are never beaten and those things happen so a draw is a fantastic result.

They will have wanted revenge and wanted to school us at home, after what happened at the Etihad last season. I think they come out of that game slightly broken. Not only did we weather the storm, we took the lead and drew the game. They now come to our place knowing we're going to be even better and they don't have a lead to protect.

When we were described as the European champions whilst playing Madrid at the Bernabeu it was a real pinch yourself moment!

We're fucking massive!

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but we didn’t restrict Madrid to zero chances. They scored 3 goals and missed a couple of good chances!

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but we didn’t restrict Madrid to zero chances. They scored 3 goals and missed a couple of good chances!
Yes I know…
I’m saying it shows how good we are that anything other than restricting them to zero chances is deemed a poor performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.