Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Brilliant result and well done City.
My only concern tonight was Fernandihno's pace when he was caught one on one a few times because against a better team we might have been punished but apart from that he was superb and made up for it by getting us out of the shite on numerous occasions with exceptional clearances, and also setting up attacks when playing out from the back.

It was a funny old game as we started off on the back foot and slowly felt our way into the game, then once at around the 25 min mark we realised how shite they were we started to up the ante.
In the past we have been fazed by these teams who are so called 'European Royalty' but hopefully not anymore, after putting that myth to bed we'll now go on to greater things in the future if UEFA don't stop us first.

On a side note I thought Jesus came of age tonight and I apologise for slagging him off against West Ham.

I remember Guardiola saying after we missed another penalty against Leicester, that we will score one when it really matters. Was he right about that or what.

I also remember hearing that Pep felt we needed a to face a big team like Real Madrid in the knockout stages in order to truly feel like we belong in this competition. Just think what that win has probably done for the mentality of the players, especially considering we went behind after missing chances and they could so easily have thought 'here we go again'.

The tie isn't over of course but that result will give the players the self belief that they can now finish the job.

Fair play to Mr McPointalot on BT Sport, virtually every comment was pro City......
What???? For the first 25 mins he only mentioned us in a negative light, he screamed noooo when we got a pen, and he didn’t seem particularly happy that Ramos got a red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. Is this what is called a clarkie?

I remember Guardiola saying after we missed another penalty against Leicester, that we will score one when it really matters. Was he right about that or what.

I also remember hearing that Pep felt we needed a to face a big team like Real Madrid in the knockout stages in order to truly feel like we belong in this competition. Just think what that win has probably done for the mentality of the players, especially considering we went behind after missing chances and they could so easily have thought 'here we go again'.

The tie isn't over of course but that result will give the players the self belief that they can now finish the job.
I think you are right, The group of players looks like it needed THAT performance/result to say 'this is City this is what we are capable of'. When players have confidence it's a whole new ball game. Our group of players have everything.

Early days but perhaps we should just win it and not go up to get the trophy (like Brassed Off)

Yeah, but in Brassed Off they took it in the end, with a phrase Pep should definitely add to his repertoire "Don't talk so bloody soft"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.