Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

While everyone is rightly entitled to their own opinion.....got to say there's some absolutely bizarre ones on here! Try and understand the circumstances and conditions for this game, away to a side who think the CL is their natural birth right, towards the end of a season in sapping heat. We had good periods and bad periods, but what we didn't do - as we have in past years - is cave in when we were under pressure.

This Madrid team is a clever, clever side. We got a result which means that everything is still to play for. Every one of our side worked their bollocks off, even if it wasn't pretty at times.

And to those who were saying why no subs? Well sometimes, when you make a couple of subs, you disrupt the concentration and then you ship a goal (or two)......and the first people who will be complaining about losing the game will be the same people who are screaming for the subs.

This was a bloody good result and a very hard working performance.

Great draw and a very brave display. They all earned their money tonight, well done to them all.

Would’ve liked to see Julian after 70 mins to give their defence new problems to deal with, I think he’ll have a big part to play next week

They had possession after the ball was supposedly out, it's bollocks.

If memory serves they cried about the same thing in defeat to Ajax in a QF a few seasons ago. Ajax scored and Madrid felt the ball was out of play 65 yards up the pitch.

Same again tonight the amount of work which needed to do before it was scored was unreal, and as you say Camavinga had possession which HE gave away. No need for that to even be looked at in the circumstances, if it was and they chalked it off I might have just fucked football off for good.

I think it was Bernardo who said after the Bayern draw that we deliberately played for a low-scoring result out there. I imagine it was the same tonight.

It was a gamble, of course, but maybe going for broke tonight could've been an even larger one.
Exactly this. What some of this lot don't understand is anything you do is a gamble, you have no way of knowing how it's going to work out. If that was possible you could work out how to win every single match ever, as some fans seem to think we should be doing.

We could have ended up exhausted and/or with injuries if we had played at a high tempo in that heat, which could have cost us tonight AND on Sunday. As it is we got a great result and we now have home advantage, and in a climate we're more suited to.

Really??
A draw away to the most successful team in European football having by en large bossed the game.
Average?!?!
Give your head a wobble fella.
That was a quality performance.
Madrid was also really poor. Individual flashes of brilliance, but overall poor. You cannot say we played well when Gundogan and Bernardo were losing the ball half the time when Madrid barely pressed them. Grealish had a poor game too, and KDB could have been better. I am one of the first that defend the team when we drew against Everton adn Nottingham, because we played really well both times. Today, we were focused, really serious, but some of the players played really extremely poor (thankfully the defense and Ederson all had strong performances).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.