Real Madrid (a) - Sport Options one-night trip, flight only - £379

I know it’s what they do, I want to know why such brazen exploitation of the public is legal.

The flip side is, without the price hikes for popular flights, there wouldn’t be the ridiculously cheap flights for less popular ones.

I flew to a City game in Denmark I think it was, for one pence one time.

You obviously don’t know anything of the RyanAir dynamic pricing model.

That is what they have always done and always will do.
Exactly. It’s called price elasticity of demand. Earlier you book then cheaper it is. This trip however looks like a standard price and therefore looks expensive.

Exactly. It’s called price elasticity of demand. Earlier you book then cheaper it is. This trip however looks like a standard price and therefore looks expensive.
It became a ‘standard price’ as soon as the draw was made. They didn’t need to wait for the accelerated demand before hiking the prices.

I have had to suffer the consequences of this recently. I used to be able to advance book a hotel for City mid-week European matches for £35 at Ibis Budget or £45 at Ibis Princess Street. Now it is anything from twice to three times that price because Accor have obviously consulted the fixture list in advance before setting the prices.

It became a ‘standard price’ as soon as the draw was made. They didn’t need to wait for the accelerated demand before hiking the prices.

I have had to suffer the consequences of this recently. I used to be able to advance book a hotel for City mid-week European matches for £35 at Ibis Budget or £45 at Ibis Princess Street. Now it is anything from twice to three times that price because Accor have obviously consulted the fixture list in advance before setting the prices.
I normally block book on booking.com for European games & cancel what I don’t need, Motel one have been selling rooms for £60 lately which isn’t too bad & Ibis styles is normally £59 on Wowcher/Groupon with brekkie & late checkout if you move quick after the draw

I was thinking the same boss that’s why I sorted it early myself £220 return if they cancel the flight which they are known to do the cost will be unreal now

My theory has always been that you want three things, but can only have two:

Cheap flights
Speed of Travel
No farting around at daft o'clock or driving 200 miles to another airport

Sport Options don't offer cheap flights so you pay a high premium for a direct 8am flight from Manchester.

Alternatively we're doing it far cheaper, via Manchester-Malaga but needing three days off work.

My theory has always been that you want three things, but can only have two:

Cheap flights
Speed of Travel
No farting around at daft o'clock or driving 200 miles to another airport

Sport Options don't offer cheap flights so you pay a high premium for a direct 8am flight from Manchester.

Alternatively we're doing it far cheaper, via Manchester-Malaga but needing three days off work.
Yeah, there's no one size fits all solution for these trips. Always good to have options though. Fully understand those who go for the cheapest possible option, but also see the appeal in convenience/minimal hassle for those with family/work commitments. As many who have been on them will attest to, Spike's trips are always really well organised.

Yeah, there's no one size fits all solution for these trips. Always good to have options though. Fully understand those who go for the cheapest possible option, but also see the appeal in convenience/minimal hassle for those with family/work commitments. As many who have been on them will attest to, Spike's trips are always really well organised.
This is me this time. I don't have the time for sightseeing or time to keep the cost down.
A direct flight on day of the game suits me.
Paying a slight premium to do so is OK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.