Real Madrid (A) - Tues 9th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Kick off time 20:00 (BST). Live on TNT Sport for those in the UK.

Coming at just the right time after 2 impressive wins. I wouldn't call it a must win but probably a must not lose, I'd back us at the Etihad against them.

I'd probably go with:

------------------Ortega
Lewis---Stones---Dias---Akanji
--------------------Rodri
--------De Bruyne---Foden
Bernardo----Haaland---Grealish

I love Lewis but if Walker or Ake are fit then one has to start, them and Akanji against Vini Jr and Rodrygo.

With Walker:

Ortega
Walker* Stones Dias Akanji
Bernardo Rodri
Foden De Bruyne Grealish
Haaland

Without Walker:

Ortega
Akanji Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rodri Kovacic
Bernardo Foden Grealish
De Bruyne​

Screenshot_20240406_145020_Chrome.jpg

Possibly lewis in for gvardiol and Akanji on the left, but if injuries are as is I go with strongest team and Kanji on Vjr

IF everyone was fit id play this:

Ortega

Walker Stones Dias Akanji

Rodri

Foden KDB

bernardo Haaland Grealish

Rico doesnt deserve not to play but its horses for courses and we need Walker against their pace in attack.

When we have the ball stones steps into midfield alongside Rodri creating a very solid base to attach from - the work rate of Foden, Bernardo and Grealish is integral when we dont have the ball.

Id argue that is our strongest overall 11 (could argue Ederson should be in there but Ortega has earnt his place I feel and his distribution might not be needed as much in this game)

If Walker isn't fit, the following players are virtually certain to start.

Defence: Akanji, Stones, Dias and Gvardiol

Midfield: Rodri, Bernardo, Foden, KDB

Attack: Haaland

Keeper: maybe Pep will go with Ortega?

Midfield/attack: Kovacic 60%, Grealish 30 %, Doku 10%.

Thought Grealish was great today and played himself in contention for a start at Bernabeu. But he played nearly 100 minutes. Guess Pep's initial plan was to go with Kovacic.

Ortega

Lewis
Stones
Dias
Akanji

Foden
KDB
Kova
Rodri
Bernardo

Haaland

Don’t lose, don’t get anymore injuries and we win over 2 legs. Losing by 2 or more and it’s over. Injuries and the form of some individual players are killing us at present, which seems crazy to say after putting 4 past Villa & Palace.

Fingers and toes crossed for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.