Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Was just checking out the ragcafe forum, their is a poster named Padr who apparently supports us yet that idiot always tries to undermine our owners,and our people's to satisfy those pigs who supports united and liverpool. If that idiot is out here please ban the shit outta him. Asshole. Who in their right sense would want the people who has given so much to the City and the club to be ousted? Go fucking support those rags if you are by chance here or reading this, numptie.

can you not tell what she is saying in the ground

" they are so good, the are fucking brillant ""
It's been said on here before, but it really hit home this week. The combination of superstar players like KDB, Haaland, and I'll even argue Grealish, plus City playing in high-profile matches like the semifinal vs. Real, is raising our global profile exponentially.

Here in the Bay Area, I'm running into more and more City fans or at least City-aware folks. Examples: I went to my son's middle school open house on Tuesday night and two different kids were wearing City shirts. No Rag sightings anywhere, though I still see Liverpool gear around more than I'd care to. Then, I went to a local German restaurant/pub to watch the match on Wednesday. While I may have been the only true City fan in the bunch, everybody watching was either for City or against Real, which is truly a first in my experience. Finally, a friend of my high school age daughter's came over to our house last night and saw that I was wearing my City kit. He excitedly asked if I had been able to watch the entire match, as he had only been able to watch the highlights at that point since he was in school during the match.

When I used to coach my kids 5 or 10 years ago, I would always get asked which team I supported. Before I could finish "Manchester . . . ", they would finish the sentence with United rather than City. One year, as a coaches' gift, the team mother mistakenly bought me a United top, which I indignantly refused to accept until they gave me a receipt so that I could return it and buy a City jacket.

It finally feels like the tide is turning, and tellingly, it is the kids who are most likely to support us. We just decided as a family to go to Las Vegas the week of the UCL final. I'm thoroughly looking forward to finding a pro-City venue there where my son and I can watch City finally capture the "holy grail".

It's been said on here before, but it really hit home this week. The combination of superstar players like KDB, Haaland, and I'll even argue Grealish, plus City playing in high-profile matches like the semifinal vs. Real, is raising our global profile exponentially.

Here in the Bay Area, I'm running into more and more City fans or at least City-aware folks. Examples: I went to my son's middle school open house on Tuesday night and two different kids were wearing City shirts. No Rag sightings anywhere, though I still see Liverpool gear around more than I'd care to. Then, I went to a local German restaurant/pub to watch the match on Wednesday. While I may have been the only true City fan in the bunch, everybody watching was either for City or against Real, which is truly a first in my experience. Finally, a friend of my high school age daughter's came over to our house last night and saw that I was wearing my City kit. He excitedly asked if I had been able to watch the entire match, as he had only been able to watch the highlights at that point since he was in school during the match.

When I used to coach my kids 5 or 10 years ago, I would always get asked which team I supported. Before I could finish "Manchester . . . ", they would finish the sentence with United rather than City. One year, as a coaches' gift, the team mother mistakenly bought me a United top, which I indignantly refused to accept until they gave me a receipt so that I could return it and buy a City jacket.

It finally feels like the tide is turning, and tellingly, it is the kids who are most likely to support us. We just decided as a family to go to Las Vegas the week of the UCL final. I'm thoroughly looking forward to finding a pro-City venue there where my son and I can watch City finally capture the "holy grail".
Keep up the good work

Report back when you have converted all the heathens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.