Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to James Ducker at the Telegraph.

Assuming that means no way to watch it, touch wood no injuries.

I would guess he wants to test the starting XI (Cancelo left back etc...) against more decent opposition.

Wonder who we will play thats of mutual benefit? Wolves? United?

It'll probably be some team that won't be too competitive. Enough to maintain the rhythm and momentum of playing games but not enough to majorly risk injury. Probably some Scottish side or Leicester City.

Just dont see Stones af CB, hes played what 60 mins???
It's not ideal preparation, certainly. But, other than Fern at CB, and he's wasted there in my opinion, we're not overly blessed with options. Assuming that we play with 2 CBs, and Laporte is one of them, we've got Garcia, Otamendi and Stones for the other slot.

It'll probably be some team that won't be too competitive. Enough to maintain the rhythm and momentum of playing games but not enough to majorly risk injury. Probably some Scottish side or Leicester City.

Most clubs that aren't still in the CL or EL will have their players off for a quick break before the pre-season starts. Who is actually available for a friendly?

I agree with your line-up but I think Pep will be sweating about centre half. Ferdy just looks out of place at the back. He and Garcia don't have enough pace. Ferdy has the experience but is a real risk (not least in giving away penalties). I also think he may start Foden with Marhez on the bench. It looks like Cancelo may have sorted the left back slot for now though. He has been excellent in the last two games.

Cancelo has looked comfortable but he's not been tested yet against fast elite players.

However he'd get the nod from me because he's a better option than Zin.

I’d go similar might even be worth a shot playing walker at centre back, cancelo has been in form at LB lately so if he can transfer this to the right hand side it might give us another option. Let Mendy and cancelo press high to pin back their wingers then if rodri drops when in possession we’ve hit the physicality of Rodri and Laporte at the back. You’ve then also got the pace of walker as cover, could be effective in this type of game
Mendy is stupidly suspended.

He's an unfortunately unreliable character

Ederson
Walker
Laporte
Garcia
Cancelo
Gundogan
Kev
Dave
Phil
Gabby
Raz

will start I believe.

The three positions pep is still unsure of are Garcia/Fern, Rodri/Gundo, Phil/Mahrez. I would start Garcia, Gundo and Phil. Phil works harder than Mahrez. I still think Gundo links better than Rodri, we move the ball faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.