Real Madrid (H) - Wed 17th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't this time. Haaland makes it more easy. Without a clear 9 he had to improvise alllllllll the time. It worked obviously in PL etc but in some critical games on CL it didn't.
Mate, I'll NEVER get over the CL final against the Chavs. The big fear from everyone was Guardiola trying to pull a surprise out of the bag, & he certainly didn't disappoint! :-/

It was the first match that season that we started without Rodri or Fernandinho, & playing a woefully out of form Sterling was just criminal!

We're all hoping we go with the team who started the first leg, but with Akanji as our covering left back. We should play to our strengths with one eye on Real, not tear up our usual game-plan, come with some revolutionary tactic that confuses our players more than the opposition...

Peps words after we were drawn against Madrid and the first leg away. " This result will be decided at the Etihad " which is obvious now because either team can win. Just a feeling he knew what to expect. Come on City.

Feels momentous, this. I was in South Wales in the '70s on the day Llanelli took on and beat the All Blacks, the atmosphere that afternoon was feverish yet confident - same tomorrow. There's a poster on here (you know who you are) who has eloquently quoted Nehru's famous words about "a Tryst with Destiny" as the mood for City to be in on Wednesday night. Yes, and all that Pep has to tell the team is what another great leader said, "The only thing we have to fear is - fear itself."

With a couple of exceptions I now feel as though Pep knows his best team depending on what formation he plays.

Right back, a toss up between Walker, Stones and Akanji.
Left back, a toss up between Ake and Akanji
Right wing, could be Mahrez, Berny, Foden

I see the main core as below:
-------------------------Eddie---------------------------
-------------Stones--------------Dias-------------------
-------------------------Rodri----------------------------
--------------Gundo------------Kevin-------------------
-----------------------Haaland----------------Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.