Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see this team

Ederson
Walker Dias Akanji
Bernardo Rodri
DeBryne Gundogan
Marez Halland Foden

Just feel Bernardo will make up for his poor show last week and is more dynamic in the midfield intercepting and creating break aways. Also Foden over Jack ad more of a goal threat and less of a red card risk.
Is stones injured, coz that's the only way he shouldn't play. i think i'd play him even if he had his leg chopped off.

Not sure he is to be honest. There are so many nuances to pressing that Bernardo is just absurdly good at. In terms of high energy hustle and bustle, chasing people down etc, then yeah Alvarez is the best. But do we really press like that any more? To me we seem to focus on blocking passing lanes, forcing them to a particular area of the pitch and then hopefully setting the trap to either win the ball high or force a clip forwards that our centre backs win easily. And Bernardo is a master of that kind of pressing, often pressing two players at once with intelligent positioning, whilst also covering a passing angle to a player behind him. There was even a quote recently from Alvarez where he said he apologised to the team in the dressing room once for pressing the goalkeeper too aggressively which left us a bit out of shape and we conceded. That might look like great pressing, but it wasn’t. Sometimes he can be too eager to press high aggressively when the trap hasn’t been set yet and it’s the wrong moment. Bernardo is more intelligent and tactically-minded with the pressing.
Agree with all of this and Alvarez will learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.