Real Madrid match fixed

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7516157/amp/VAR-intervene-CLEAR-offside-decisions-UEFA-referee-chief-says.html

"In our guidelines, when the VAR sees a clear image that proves the player is offside, intervene,' Rosetti told The Mail on Sunday. 'If it is too difficult to determine the offside position, it cannot intervene. We would prefer no intervention if not clear offside."

ah this is uefa only then, thought the FA had come to their senses, silly me

dont want this getting lost. It’s huge.

Madrid scores to make it 2-1. Ramos a foot offside.

Goes to VAR/replays-he is magically not where he was on the live feed. Still offside even on the replays but nowhere near what he was.

Check Twitter-literally thousands of people saw it.

The game is completely and utterly rigged.

So much about those sequence of events leading up to the red card, fk and goal were pretty standard in the RM playbook of influencing results from a refereeing perspective. Particularly in the age of VAR, scandalous but this is RM - been a couple of decades since they won anything without the spectre of refereeing influence

Even Vinicius who dove on more than one occasion, never even considered for a booking by the referee

he looks onside but without VAR it would look easily offisde.....i certainly didnt spot the defender on the far side playing him on (just)
But that's the point. The defender in the left back position appears to have moved back in the VAR version compared to the original action where he was NOT playing Ramos onside.

IIRC when VAR was first trialed, there was a static camera and sound recording of the VAR booth. This, rather than the use of VAR itself led me to think that VAR might actually be a fair system, because the decisions would be on camera and sound.
Seems like that idea went out the window...

It wouldn’t take much to wire up the VAR booth, and have the content streamed/saved for eternity, especially for the deep pockets of uefa... if they wanted to show any sort of non bias. Ha!

I've no issue in it being called onside but i cant help but feel we wouldn't have been given the benefit of the doubt.

But that's the point. The defender in the left back position appears to have moved back in the VAR version compared to the original action where he was NOT playing Ramos onside.
He hasn't moved. It's just a different camera angle. For the live feed the camera is behind play which distorts perspective. For the VAR image, the camera is directly in line.

The Capture becomes real life...!
It is possible though and has been for some time, the pundits after the game have been able to pick up a player and move him to show where they thought he should have been. What worried me about this one was the VAR check and pictures were shown after the decision, the TV companies weren't given a live feed of the process just this screen shot a few minutes after the game had restarted. The VAR picture conveniently cuts off the attacker (at the top of the picture) who crosses the ball so they are showing a different camera angle for that player. Are the frame rates of the two cameras in synch?

That said, in terms of the decision, it was given as a goal on the pitch (I think) and there doesn't seem to be a clear and obvious error, so I'm happy with that, but the process is dodgy as .... and open to corruption. The clubs need to have representatives in the VAR box to prevent any misdoings and perhaps have one appeal each where they force the referee to watch it on a monitor, like our penalty claim on Aguero last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.