Real Madrid struggling to sell tickets for City game...

danburge82 said:
tomalter said:
I checked their official website for tickets and about 9 thousand are left. From what I gather from their fans in various forums is that their fans are also excited about the game against us. According to them in the last 2 years in Champions League they haven't had any descent european opposition except for AC Milan in 2010-2011 and Bayern Munich last season. They are pretty sure the tickets would be sold out. Expect a great atmosphere. I envy you all who will be there watching it.
You're closer to the moon than the pitch in Real's away section. That's unless you've gone for the €150 tickets.

That's a given really. Not expecting a great view of the match, just cant resist the chance to watch City at Real Madrid.

I hate RM anyway, always been a Valencia fan myself. Can't wait for the game now all we need is AC Milan next year so we have been to all the big stadiums :D (Allianz, Bernabeu, Nou Camp etc..)
We've gone for the lower tickets in the City end but i'm not expecting the best view or atmosphere, (but you can't beat Munich:D)

LoveCity said:
http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/away-days-are-special-for-the-loyal-fans

They had sold under 12,000 for our game as of yesterday and taking out our 3,600 allocation have around 81,000 seats to fill (maybe less with CL reduced allocation). They are "confident" of getting 60,000 or more but that could still mean 20,000 empty seats. Given that over 10,000 Blues inquired about tickets it is pretty sad that we haven't been offered more for this once in a lifetime game.

Have to say I'm stunned at how few they have sold, they are arguably the biggest club in the world and have loads of tourists.

I saw Madrid play Borussia Dortmund a few years ago.
Spanish Clubs don't adopt the same selling policy as their English counterparts. Most of their tickets go on open sale in shops and hotels and by the time of the game they will have been snapped up by locals and tourists alike. On matchday they have loads of seedy looking old blokes openly touting in the street

I'd be happy to be playing in a half empty stadium. Their players wouldn't be that motivated and it would be good for us. If it's full, there's a great atmosphere and the likes of ladyboy love to play to the big crowds, if there aint many there I don't think they can be as bothered.

Love a draw over there. (at least)

LoveCity said:
SteWadda said:
Playing stoke on sat 15 sep 2012 is a once in a life time game the.

The whole point is that special occasions like this are once in a lifetime.
Its not once in a lifetime for Real Madrid fans is it, their fans will probably be looking at it as playing one of europes smaller clubs. Still at least they get the chance to see a team from the real Manchester.

cleavers said:
LoveCity said:
SteWadda said:

The whole point is that special occasions like this are once in a lifetime.
Its not once in a lifetime for Real Madrid fans is it, their fans will probably be looking at it as playing one of europes smaller clubs. Still at least they get the chance to see a team from the real Manchester.

They'll underestimate us at their peril ....

Real Madrid haven't experienced Champions League success for the last ten years now ....

their history isn't gonna mean much to City ..... one thing's for sure , they'll know they've been in a game!

LoveCity said:
SteWadda said:

The whole point is that special occasions like this are once in a lifetime. Our first Champions League game was special and the novelty was felt. Likewise our epic title win in May. We'll win the league again but it won't be quite the same. We'll play Real Madrid again after next week but it again won't hold quite the same novelty. If I have to change my wording to avoid a semantic argument then I will be glad to.

Well said "LoveCity" Of course it's a once in a lifetime experience just like when we play them in the home fixture :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.