Reality Check

Tuart76

With ref to our recent bad press & doubters regarding our Transfer Activity.
I Like any other Man City Supporter have been on a rolller coaster -However i only want to talk about the previous 18 Mnths of ups and downs, which refer directly to this window & the situation city are in.
18 Mnths ago Thaskin took over City- along came Sven, Elano,Corluka etc. We took prem by storm 4th in Dec all going well
Then came 2008 Balloon fasco @ sheff utd (FA cup) then we nosedived down the league.
Thaskin hinted about sacking Sven -Frozen Assets -Corruption Charges etc etc
Then season ended with the downing of tool @ BORO 8-1
SVEN was rightly sacked by Thaskin ( He did no better than S Pearce)
Then Thaskin appointed Hughes to bring a hard working mentality to the club,Thaskin intrduced us to ADUG "who had deeper pockets than him".

Along came Robinho - Swp - Zabeleta THE MEDIA HYPED US UP -IT WAS A FRENZY SELLING NEWSPAPERS ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

However MARK HUGHES kept his feet firmly on the ground because he had inherited SVENs imballanced squad-
HE SAID "Everybody would get opportunity to shine whilst he made an analysis of our Squad"

We have had a Topsy Tervy start Winning Emphatically - or losing-Also lost petrov - johnson long term injuries to others aswell, dressing room problems ( JO , HIAM) etc etc etc.
Which brought in the vultures from the press............................................

NOW TO OUR TRANSFER ACTIVITY.

THEY SAY THE LEAGUE TABLE DOES NOT LIE we are currently 10th- 11th (which is a fair reflection)
WE HAVE SCORED 41 GOALS (only chelsea better 44) conceded 32
So it does not take a genius to work out were the problems lie.

Hughes has strengthen wisely
GIVEN will help Hart to Progress (but we concede to many goals from set plays)
BRIDGE fill in gapping hole on LHS will be even better when petrov is there aswell (over lapping)
DE JONG -add presence + Strength
BELLAMY -Speed mercant who works hard all day long (Great example )

IM well aware that its all eyes on hughes between now & the end of the season -which he will pass with flying coluors
he will strenghthen further in the summer & let a few go Then next season we will be doing what VILLA is doing this seson.

Onwards & Upwards we need Stability in the management dept

CTID

well said. pretty much summed up most the feelings that i had never been bothered to pen

That sounds about right, the summer transfer window should be interesting.

Good post, hits the nail on the head. The games can't come fast enough for me at the minute, just want to see this team gel together and I think we can go places.

I like it Dennis, a well balanced assessment of the last 18 months at MCFC & the message is stick with MH we`re moving in the right direction.........got to be your best post to date!!

Time will tell ..................Personally i think we should have stuck with a man who has A PROVEN record of winning things at club level in various different countries on a CONSISTENT basis as opposed to appointing a manager who hasnt won a carrot .

Ill support Hughes 100% but i have major doubts about his ability to move us forward in any way shape or form , a modern day Joe Royle really , decent with little money but move up a level and found wanting .

CHT said:
Time will tell ..................Personally i think we should have stuck with a man who has A PROVEN record of winning things at club level in various different countries on a CONSISTENT basis as opposed to appointing a manager who hasnt won a carrot .

Ill support Hughes 100% but i have major doubts about his ability to move us forward in any way shape or form , a modern day Joe Royle really , decent with little money but move up a level and found wanting .

Like BFS then really? From Bolton to Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.