Really enjoying tonight's game

I'm enjoying the game, but ESPN are starting to disappoint me. The co-commentator is thick and their coverage is poor.

For the Viera / Leicester penalty (which wasn't a penalty) the chap just states with blind, stupid certainty that it's a penalty because "he stuck a leg out"... but there was minimal contact, if any. It's only a penalty if he brings him down deliberately. Just because his leg appears to be out doesn't mean you give a penalty. Plus the Leicester player dived over it! Closed statements like that just pertetuate the poor decision making in football today.

Generally the commentary, especially from the second chap, is mundane; full of platitudes and cliche, and is rarely (if ever) insightful.

Also, the producer turned the levels up on the Leicester fans singing "You're just a shit M** U*****", making what was a weak song sound like many thousands singing it with conviction. They could tell there was swearing - which they're meant to dull-out of their coverage - yet they turned it up... I won't go as far as saying it's an anti-City conspiracy; that's just silly. But it is an anti-City conspiracy.

PLUS! Viera's yellow was not a yellow. Apparently, if you're a City player being squared up to and threatened it is equally your fault and you deserve equal punishment. See Zab & Viera today. Poor refereeing, espically when you consider the failure to show a red card for the late slide tackle, as last man, in the area, to deny a goal scoring opportunity...

It's been a long couple of days. Rant over.

Thank you.

What about the 'Yes he's off-side, but you've gotta give him the benefit of doubt' comment?

We are a big scalp and the FA need the chorus. I'm not saying it's fixed, but we all know it's a bit suss!

I thought City looked rather impatient, and except for that few mins where we scored two goals I was not at all impressed by the first half. The second started slow as city didn't seem interested to go ahead and really kill the game. And ofc we paid for it with 3-2, but in the end we got through 4-2. Although the better side in second half, City did absolutely bare minimum to go through, and I'm happy that we won, you just have to wonder how we can look so ordinary with more or less the best team out there.

I am really beginning to worry about the mental strength in this City team. Yes, we are second in the league but a top team would never perform as badly as we have done in the last 20 minutes of both the games against Wolves and Leicester. I fear the team are a long way off yet and I just don't have much confidence in how we will perform when the pressure is really on against the top teams. I just hope they prove me totally wrong in the coming weeks.

Weaver's Goat said:
I'm enjoying the game, but ESPN are starting to disappoint me. The co-commentator is thick and their coverage is poor.

For the Viera / Leicester penalty (which wasn't a penalty) the chap just states with blind, stupid certainty that it's a penalty because "he stuck a leg out"... but there was minimal contact, if any. It's only a penalty if he brings him down deliberately. Just because his leg appears to be out doesn't mean you give a penalty. Plus the Leicester player dived over it! Closed statements like that just pertetuate the poor decision making in football today.

Generally the commentary, especially from the second chap, is mundane; full of platitudes and cliche, and is rarely (if ever) insightful.

Also, the producer turned the levels up on the Leicester fans singing "You're just a shit M** U*****", making what was a weak song sound like many thousands singing it with conviction. They could tell there was swearing - which they're meant to dull-out of their coverage - yet they turned it up... I won't go as far as saying it's an anti-City conspiracy; that's just silly. But it is an anti-City conspiracy.

PLUS! Viera's yellow was not a yellow. Apparently, if you're a City player being squared up to and threatened it is equally your fault and you deserve equal punishment. See Zab & Viera today. Poor refereeing, espically when you consider the failure to show a red card for the late slide tackle, as last man, in the area, to deny a goal scoring opportunity...

Thank you.

How Hobbs or whoever it was who tripped Tevez and gave away a penalty stayed on is a mystery. How much of a clear chance to you need to get sent off? Unfair you advantage to city with a sending off for leicester you say? WHY DOES THAT MATTER? How can it be a penalty and not a sending off? Does the ref just make up the rules as they go? Or just make a decision based of what they feel like, and or avoid making a decision that would change the game much? Why even have rules? I just don't know how anyone could justify it, please tell me!

Dyer got in Vieira's face, and vieira talked back, Dyer then proceeded to push him before they parted ways. And both gets a yellow? How the fuck was that a yellow to both players? The one was physical and the other one(Vieira) was not. I know its not the most crucial decision, but its soooooooo incredible bad.

I just cannot believe those two situations, and then we could mention their first penalty. Maybe he had a generally good flow of the game, but how do you make those mistakes?

BlueSinclair said:
Weaver's Goat said:

Thank you.

How Hobbs or whoever it was who tripped Tevez and gave away a penalty stayed on is a mystery. How much of a clear chance to you need to get sent off? Unfair you advantage to city with a sending off for leicester you say? WHY DOES THAT MATTER? How can it be a penalty and not a sending off? Does the ref just make up the rules as they go? Or just make a decision based of what they feel like, and or avoid making a decision that would change the game much? Why even have rules? I just don't know how anyone could justify it, please tell me!

Dyer got in Vieira's face, and vieira talked back, Dyer then proceeded to push him before they parted ways. And both gets a yellow? How the fuck was that a yellow to both players? The one was physical and the other one(Vieira) was not. I know its not the most crucial decision, but its soooooooo incredible bad.

I just cannot believe those two situations, and then we could mention their first penalty. Maybe he had a generally good flow of the game, but how do you make those mistakes?

Was Bobby waving an imaginary card after that? Looked like it lol

br55 said:
I am really beginning to worry about the mental strength in this City team. Yes, we are second in the league but a top team would never perform as badly as we have done in the last 20 minutes of both the games against Wolves and Leicester. I fear the team are a long way off yet and I just don't have much confidence in how we will perform when the pressure is really on against the top teams. I just hope they prove me totally wrong in the coming weeks.
Pretty much sums up how I feel atm - time to really step up or we´ll get swept away out of the top 4

br55 said:

Against top teams we aren't as complacent at the back bud, we've proven that already. Just got to tighten up against the easy teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.