Recommend Me An Album

Damocles said:
I find that I work best when listening to music, but all of my albums are getting overplayed. Can somebody recommend something that I'd like based on my favourites? I used to download the top 40, but that shit is just fucking terrible now.

Noel Gallagher & High Flying Birds is currently my favourite work album
Nirvana Unplugged
Zutons - Who Killed The Zutons
Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

The Strokes - Is this it
Sublime - 40 oz to freedom
The Pharcyde- Bizarre ride to the pharcyde

Bigga said:
Uwe's 80s mullet said:
Jack White - Blunderbuss

It is fucking sensational.

Yah. Good hybrid of stuff.

I can't understand someone not willing to hear new stuff and must stick to a genre in order to work. My base is Hip Hop (not rap), yet Classical or Rock can work for me in different ways dependant on where my mindset is.

well the white stripes are my fave ever band so i was expecting to like it. Its so different to his previous work though. I absoutely love it. future classic, no doubt about it

prairiemoon said:
Damocles said:
I find that I work best when listening to music, but all of my albums are getting overplayed. Can somebody recommend something that I'd like based on my favourites? I used to download the top 40, but that shit is just fucking terrible now.

Nirvana Unplugged
Have you tried creating playlists of those groups on Pandora?

From what you've listed I'd say you like melodic angsty rock. Maybe try Spoon or Ted Leo and the Pharmacists... Cat Power, Weekend, ... The Thermals.

For a more intellectual indy sound (always helps keep that part of my brain distracted while the rest of it focuses on work) there's always Pavement, Polvo, or Battles.

Go the other way and get your cockney pub rock on with some classic Cock Sparrer.

Brilliant stuff. I just went through the thread to see if someone had mentioned Ted yet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNzXAixTCq8&feature=related[/youtube]

Damocles said:

Nirvana Unplugged

Based on this, I bet you'd like Celebration Rock by Japandroids, interesting newish Canadian power guitar duo - lots of stuff on Youtube.

The View - Cheeky For A Reason
Reverend and the Makers - @Reverend_Makers
Miles Kane - Colour of the Trap
The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement

Fistful of Mercy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9CuL3dJ2I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcg9scKfbhM[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.