Recommend Me An Album

Damocles said:
None of those are relevant to my taste in music as I listed above though

To be fair, at least 4 of the 5 bands you listed worship at the altar of Lennon and McCartney. Though you should just listen to Revolver as it's perfect.

some old classics

Metallica - Black album

Rage against the machine - Rage against the machine

Nine Inch Nails - With teeth or the fragile

Replicas - Tubeway army

Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle

Lost Pilot said:
Damocles said:
jimharri said:
Sgt Pepper - The Beatles
Exile on Main Street - The Rolling Stones
Graceland - Paul Simon
War of the Worlds - Jeff Wayne
Wondrous Stories - Yes

Just a few; the list could go on and on.

None of those are relevant to my taste in music as I listed above though

-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm --

ICT-Tam said:
"High Violet" by the National, you might already know it.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfySK7CLEEg&ob=av2e[/youtube]

You overestimate my musical knowledge these days.

Either way, that guy have a great fucking voice.

High Violet and Boxer are easily two of the best albums of the last 10years. Also check out Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
Boxer is probably my favourite album of this century. Got me through a couple of years of whatever that first decade was.

It's funny 'cos over in the stone roses thread, we're talking about musicians losing it past age 27 and The National are one of the exceptions to this. Even I am genuinely shocked though as just found out through the magic of Wikipedia that the singer is 41, that's nearly as old as the roses. Old bastards! Would have been 28 when they formed.

Still a good band though and will be watching them at ATP in December.

Sent from my thingymajig using Tippytappy

51gr04BreJL.jpg

I would recommend Air Cav
A fantastic Manchester band, just released their first album and its a masterpiece - "Don't Look Indoors"

The Guitarist is a Blue!

Two tracks off the album:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwLFTUD57PM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZCdVO0knog&feature=g-user-u[/youtube]

Damocles said:
I find that I work best when listening to music, but all of my albums are getting overplayed. Can somebody recommend something that I'd like based on my favourites? I used to download the top 40, but that shit is just fucking terrible now.

Noel Gallagher & High Flying Birds is currently my favourite work album
Nirvana Unplugged
Zutons - Who Killed The Zutons
Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow
Have you tried creating playlists of those groups on Pandora?

From what you've listed I'd say you like melodic angsty rock. Maybe try Spoon or Ted Leo and the Pharmacists... Cat Power, Weekend, ... The Thermals.

For a more intellectual indy sound (always helps keep that part of my brain distracted while the rest of it focuses on work) there's always Pavement, Polvo, or Battles.

Go the other way and get your cockney pub rock on with some classic Cock Sparrer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.