Recommend some "0ff beat" films.....

Valhalla Rising - I'd recommend you avoid it unless you enjoy the interminable boredom of an hour and a half of mild scandinavian tension between several fairly uncommunicative men lost in a foggy sea in a small boat, prolonged by the hope of violent escalation on a par with the first 5 mins of the film, yet ending in a incredibly anticlimactic way that leaves you wondering what was the point of any of it.

Depending on if you like Japanese action films, there's two sets of films I would recommend and probably suggest worth immersing oneself into; the "Zatōichi" film series (I would actually include the Rutger Hauer "Blind Fury" incarnation/ homage) from mid 60s to 2003, of which I'm missing 3 films and "Kozure Ōkami"("Lone Wolf and Cub") from '72 - '80, of which I'm missing 1 film.

A Life with Bells on (the Spinal Tap of morris dancing). Couldn't get a general release, hawked round village halls until it got limited Arthouse showings (none at cornerhouse but two sold out shows at Liverpool Fact) then to dvd (which aren't cheap now). Includes David Thelwall as leader of the Moss Side Morris reading the formal rustication from the Morris Circle of the protagonist Dereck for trying "extreme Morris".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.