Red & Black is Back?

change the title of the thread to Red and Black Stripes are back, otherwise anything Red and Black will be discussed.

Favorite away, always will be....

Takes me back to when i started to go to games in the late 60's and my first ever trip to Wembley with my long departed Dad....

Sky blue and white (plus maroon and sky blue socks) = home
Red & Black stripes = away!

Traditionalist - you betcha!!

Sorry, I'm just going to come back in on this one. I miss maroon in all our kits. Used to think that one was really great. As I remember it, the maroon was just a trim at the top of the socks, right? Used to ponce around in front of the mirror, wearing the full kit, thinking I was Mike Summerbee. Then I'd get out on the local park and realize in the first ten seconds that I was going to have to die and be reborn in a parallel universe for that to happen…

Given the international flavor of branding these days, I look to the dark blue and orange of the NYCFC shirt as our "change strip" for next season. Clearly, dark blue is the new "third colour" (after sky blue and white) as it pops up as at least a trim colour everywhere in kits now, so I expect City Second Kit to be more like those colours.

http://www.mlsstore.com/New_York_Ci...nt=MLS+Store&mkwid=n9ibwrwS&pcrid=72958908039

Last edited:
Ah the red and black striped kit that's what got me supporting City in the first place ! I am not from Manchester,and it started when I was eight and joined the local cub scouts because they had a football team this would have been early 1970s ,well they played in the city away kit of red n black stripes ,badge centre of the chest . it looked to an eight year old very daring and different to other clubs so that was me a city fan . now I am.not gonna claim that I was at York away or was there at Wembley for Gillingham but that's how I became a city fan simply down to the red n black striped away kit and a badge centre of chest !! I always say that it's not how you got the call to be a city fan it's that you got the call .

I used to play in red and black striped away kit at 2ndary school, and sky-ish blue home, and often wore my long sleeved umbro City shirt ( diagonals down the sleeve) as we were often lacking complete kits.
I'd love the Red and Black vertical striped one to make a return, or the diagonal striped one, keep kits referencing our history, not whateve Nike give us.

I like the red and black kit but in recent years no manufacturer has made a decent job of it. Umbro did the Spider-Man job on it - that was truly awful, reebok got the stripes too wide, Le coq sportif got white between the stripes - which were too narrow and then latterly we had Dennis the Menace sleeves - it's hard to have much faith in Nike getting it right but here hoping for a classic with black shorts.

I prefer black and scarlet. Calling Vinny K as Captain Scarlet sounds pretty good too.
Good shout, never had to utter the word "red" in association with our club again then!

I like the red and black kit but in recent years no manufacturer has made a decent job of it. Umbro did the Spider-Man job on it - that was truly awful, reebok got the stripes too wide, Le coq sportif got white between the stripes - which were too narrow and then latterly we had Dennis the Menace sleeves - it's hard to have much faith in Nike getting it right but here hoping for a classic with black shorts.
It's very very difficult to get the most disgusting colour known to man right!

Good shout, never had to utter the word "red" in association with our club again then!

My Grandad used to refer to the away shirts as "black and someone's washed some pink shit into the white stripes of our kit" [I realise that pink cannot run into white and create such a deep colour, but I think my Grandad was a wise man and will never question his logic]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.