Red wine suggestions please...

Montepulciano, I think that's how you say it. Haven't had any for a while but used to be my fave.

Now I like a bit of Santa Serena (Chilean Merlot), though a bit pricey £15 a bottle, worth it in my opinion.

Phuk Tifano said:
Gelsons Dad said:
You're putting red wine in the fridge! WTF

Quite acceptable with some very light red wines (and that's according to a few wine critics in the press, not just weird old me) and actively encouraged on some bottles (check out the Brown Brothers' Tarrango as mentioned in my OP). Sacrilege with heavier wines though, I'd agree with you there.

Each to their own, and all that ;-)

Anyone who's telling you to drink red at less than 15c is talking out of their arse. Light wines should be a) thrown in the bin or b) served to the girls at 17c or above

Anything with an ounce of complexity should be served between 18 and 20c. Anyone who keeps their room temperature above 20 is a nutter. The idea that wine cellars are cool is correct. Storing wine requires a cool (15) and stable temperature. But if you want to taste the tannin then you need to allow it to warm and oxidise.

I eat with friends in France about 6 times a month and not once has anyone chilled a red wine in the 8 years I've been here. But hey what do the french know about wine?

Bilston Blue said:
Montepulciano, I think that's how you say it. Haven't had any for a while but used to be my fave.

Now I like a bit of Santa Serena (Chilean Merlot), though a bit pricey £15 a bottle, worth it in my opinion.

Make sure it's Vino Nobile de Montepulciano about £15 a bottle from Italy and not Montepulciano D'Abruzzo about £2.99 from Aldi. My brother in laws from there, Montepulciano, not Aldi.

And yes, I'd say it's quite acceptable to drink chilled red wine.

Gelsons Dad said:
Phuk Tifano said:
Quite acceptable with some very light red wines (and that's according to a few wine critics in the press, not just weird old me) and actively encouraged on some bottles (check out the Brown Brothers' Tarrango as mentioned in my OP). Sacrilege with heavier wines though, I'd agree with you there.

Anyone who's telling you to drink red at less than 15c is talking out of their arse. Light wines should be a) thrown in the bin or b) served to the girls at 17c or above

Anything with an ounce of complexity should be served between 18 and 20c. Anyone who keeps their room temperature above 20 is a nutter. The idea that wine cellars are cool is correct. Storing wine requires a cool (15) and stable temperature. But if you want to taste the tannin then you need to allow it to warm and oxidise.

I eat with friends in France about 6 times a month and not once has anyone chilled a red wine in the 8 years I've been here. But hey what do the french know about wine?

And my highly scientfic, patronising advice to you is, anyone who tells you to chargrill your Findus Crispy Pancake under the grill instead of oven baking this delicacy at 220 degrees fahrenheit is talking out of their Nigella Lawson-sized arse. I have been eating Findus Crispy Pancakes (Pedigree Chum flavour) with my north Manchester relatives for years, and NOT ONCE have they put theirs under the grill. But hey, what do my Collyhurst brethren know about deep-frozen meal solutions?

Gelsons Dad said:
Phuk Tifano said:

You are quite right about the Tannins but your comments about lighter wines are outrageous(no need for vulgarity is there ?).

try an ancient taggart or a hairy,mouthy neville,leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth,been going for years and both of them are the classic red wines,goes down very well in the usa and london.......

Bluebee2 said:
My favourite French red is Brouilly a light fruity fragrant wine :- <a class="postlink" href="http://www.terroir-france.com/region/beaujolais-brouilly.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.terroir-france.com/region/be ... ouilly.htm</a>. You can find it in Sainsbury and all the usual good wine merchants. Chilled red is nothing new and also not wrong, French Chateau's and wine cellars were chilly places and certainly the lighter wines are served chilled. Drink it how you like it, not how someone tells you to !

Beware - this one's dangerously good and has a habit of evaporating into thin air (well that's my excuse for a 2nd bottle!!).

Gelsons Dad said:
Phuk Tifano said:

GD let people drink their drink they way they enjoy it mate,yeah.

Here are some fantastic red wines some are not very cheap though but enjoy....

Penfolds Grange
Penfolds RWT

Alfa Zeta Amarone
Oberto Barolo

Felton Road Pinot Noir

Let Me know how you get on

And that folks is why I don`t touch any sort of wines !!!
Its called SNOBBERY from some of you !!!
Temperature should be this,that but no more than BLAH,BLAH fucking BLAH !
Ohhhhh.You can`t drink red with this,that and `tother !!
Ooooooh no.White can only be drunk with so and so !!!!!!!
Is that so ?????????????
Well fuck off all you so called wine (or whine) connoisseurs.
My fucking palate and stomach will tell me whats the best drink to have, either by itself, or with any fucking meal I decide to eat !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.