Redknapp - 'I wanted Johnson'

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has revealed that he made a bid to sign England U-21 midfielder Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough but was "blown out of the water" by the spending power of Manchester City.

Redknapp said Spurs made a decent offer for the player, although he did not reveal how much, but he could not compete with Roberto Mancini who, with massive funds at his disposal, succeeded in adding the player to a team he is rebuilding in a bid to challenge the Premier League's top four this season.

Redknapp, who claims the amount of money now being offered to players has become obscene, said: "This week, I tried to sign Adam Johnson. I felt he would be a good addition for Spurs and I knew we had to make a decent offer for a potential top England player.

"Liverpool were also prepared to make a big offer for him but we have both been blown out of the water by Manchester City.

"They offered a far bigger transfer fee and are giving the lad much bigger wages. We could not get near". Redknapp is thought to of offered Sunderland born Johnson £500k in brown paper bags and a night in a top night B&B in Croydon with local WAG slag Danielle Lloyd but that could not entice Johnson to White Hart Lane who our sources say wanted a night in The Dorchester with Harry's daughter-in-law Louise Redknapp.

Spurs will now turn their attention to re-signing David Ginola this summer but have told Lo'real they will not pay more than £20million for the winger, which might see them battling once again with Wash & Go, who tried to sign him last season and may go nearer to the £25m that Lo'real want.

'Arry's just trying to butter us up so we'll go easy on them with our games in hand!

Flash 'Arry....."I destroyed Pompey, then I destroyed Soton, then I destroyed Pompey again, now I'm destroying Tottingham" bloody good bloke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.