Ref Watch | City Games | 2024/25

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
For this weekend’s Ref Watch — Sue Smith to be added to the list of people that have absolutely no idea what the laws of the game are even when they have just been told.

DERMOT SAYS: "I definitely think so [it's a goal]. Silva is in an offside position, but he can't be offside from a corner. He can only be offside as soon as Stones touches it, but he peels away and moves away from Sa.

GRAPHIC

"When all that [Silva was touching Sa] was happening he was not in an offside position because it's a corner.

"He can go up and down and do what he wants until Stones heads the ball. It's only then that his position changes in terms of offside.

"And because he peels off, he's not offside. And the last picture shows he peels off."

Bernardo Silva's position highlighted when John Stones played the ball

STEPHEN WARNOCK SAYS: "I think it's a goal. Bernardo Silva has got every right to make contact with Sa. He's so clever, so alive to the situation. He nudges him, steps away and ducks down so he's not involved in the game.

"When I saw it a second time and you saw Sa was looking clearly at the header, it's a goal. Simple decision."

SUE SMITH SAYS: "Because of that nudge, Sa hasn't got time to set for the header.

"It's impacting Sa's ability to save the ball. As a goalkeeper, I'd be furious."
Highlights from the Premier League clash between Wolves and Manchester City

For this weekend’s Ref Watch — Sue Smith to be added to the list of people that have absolutely no idea what the laws of the game are even when they have just been told.

DERMOT SAYS: "I definitely think so [it's a goal]. Silva is in an offside position, but he can't be offside from a corner. He can only be offside as soon as Stones touches it, but he peels away and moves away from Sa.

GRAPHIC

"When all that [Silva was touching Sa] was happening he was not in an offside position because it's a corner.

"He can go up and down and do what he wants until Stones heads the ball. It's only then that his position changes in terms of offside.

"And because he peels off, he's not offside. And the last picture shows he peels off."

Bernardo Silva's position highlighted when John Stones played the ball's position highlighted when John Stones played the ball

STEPHEN WARNOCK SAYS: "I think it's a goal. Bernardo Silva has got every right to make contact with Sa. He's so clever, so alive to the situation. He nudges him, steps away and ducks down so he's not involved in the game.

"When I saw it a second time and you saw Sa was looking clearly at the header, it's a goal. Simple decision."

SUE SMITH SAYS: "Because of that nudge, Sa hasn't got time to set for the header.

"It's impacting Sa's ability to save the ball. As a goalkeeper, I'd be furious."
These whoppers need calling out. Where was Sue Smith' s outrage over Gabriel's goal at the Etihad?

GRAPHIC

Bernardo Silva's position highlighted when John Stones played the ball's position highlighted when John Stones played the ball

This photo from the bbc note about the FA contacting o'Neil shows how much Bernardo is interfering.....

723f46d0-8fca-11ef-80a8-4be99bc37a5c.jpg.webp

The only person interfering with the keepers vision is the wolves defender.

This photo from the bbc note about the FA contacting o'Neil shows how much Bernardo is interfering.....

723f46d0-8fca-11ef-80a8-4be99bc37a5c.jpg.webp

The only person interfering with the keepers vision is the wolves defender.
Caption: Wolves’ Jose Sa, as he watches the ball all the way past his outstretched arms above his head and in to the back of his net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.