Ref Watch

Haha. I've not touched a drop of alcohol in my 59 years.

I only put the vids up because a previous poster was also of the opinion that their goalkeeper got a slight touch on the ball. I would say that the sequence was Foden kicks the ball forward, Macarthy kicks Foden, and fractionally after that, he touches the ball. The timing of all three would be about one tenth of a second, and the touch on the ball is almost imperceptible.

It is just a matter of opinion though. Whilst not everyone's eyes are as sharp as mine and @Coljj's at least we can all agree it was a penalty.
I think after this pile of shit now is probably a good time to start.

How many of us believe this rubbish that Phil would have got the penalty if he had gone down, screamed, clutched his lag and rolled around? The penalty was not given for one simple reason - at 1-1 City were not going to get a penalty for ANY reason.
Let's look on the bright side, at least he didn't get booked for diving.

Whereas I am sure that if our 'keepr had fouled a Southampton player in a similar way in which Foden was fouled, the ON FIELD ref would have immediately pointed to the spot and then VAR would have agreed with him.

There's a huge difference between your and my views.
You misunderstood what I was saying, we were actually in agreement ;-)

"my problem isn't with moss, he might not of had a decent view of it"...so why did he tell stockley park that he "thought" Mcarthy got a touch on the ball ? even worse var took very little time looking for a clear and obvious error
My problem is with Moss, leaving the penalty out of it the rest of his performance was a disgrace.

I can't believe people can't see that Macarthy got a touch on the ball. Look at those two clips again, and look only at the ball. You can clearly see the ball take a slight change in direction after Foden kicks it forward. It is as plain as day. In the clip from behind, you can see the ball ultimately goes at a tangent to the direction Foden kicks it.
I’ve seen it many times. Foden nicks the ball away, the keeper catches Fodens left foot. Nowhere near the ball.

I can't believe people can't see that Macarthy got a touch on the ball. Look at those two clips again, and look only at the ball. You can clearly see the ball take a slight change in direction after Foden kicks it forward. It is as plain as day. In the clip from behind, you can see the ball ultimately goes at a tangent to the direction Foden kicks it.
silly.jpg

They get started by know-nothing commentators coming out with the nonsense that he got a touch on the ball. So what? The ball is still in Foden's control and he was fouled and therefore lost a goalscoring opportunity. Rather like he felt a touch so had every right to go down when in reality he does not have the right as the touch was not enough to impede him never rmind make him fall like a starfish.
Brilliant point!

“Felt the contact and went down” is used ALL THE TIME!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.