Referee assaulted in Ireland

Violence in amateur sport in Ireland is pretty bad in general.

Full on fisticuffs is pretty much expected in hurling and (irish) football matches.

It is a big issue at the moment.

The assault on this ref is disgusting

Shameful. The club should be banned for a season imo. Same in GAA. It should be zero tolerance.

My mate whos a big fella quit being a ref in the 90's. He had sent off one lad and they all waited for him in the car park after the game. Said it wasnt worth the abuse or cash

saw a game on hough end featuring one of the top sunday league teams, ref sent a player off and he left the field shouting the immortal words "I'm goin ome for me shooter". Was stood next to Keith Curle at the time, we looked at each other, shook our heads and walked off. Just dont know what the answer is tbh., think the breakdown of society generally is more to blame than football itself

Who remembers the ref in Brazil that sent a player off? Player goes and gets a knife and has a go at the ref. Ref gets a gun and shoots the player dead. Players family behead the ref and carry his head around the village on a pike.

saw a game on hough end featuring one of the top sunday league teams, ref sent a player off and he left the field shouting the immortal words "I'm goin ome for me shooter". Was stood next to Keith Curle at the time, we looked at each other, shook our heads and walked off. Just dont know what the answer is tbh., think the breakdown of society generally is more to blame than football itself
Back in the day, we played a team from Moss Side on Hough End and their centre forward threatened to shoot our centre half. Our player was Northern Irish and was brought up through all the troubles over there, so he just kept on gesturing and calling the forward a wanker. Fuck all else happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.