Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Lee Mason to be honest. I reckon he's furious that he has been screwed over twice by his gormless "assistant" linesman and made to look like an idiot. The incompetent clueless moron running the line is taking someone's place.

He actually made two mistakes by disallowing the goal as there was no offside and therefore no interfering with play offence. Even worse still, he didn't even flag for the vicious tackle despite TV replays showing he had the best view in the whole stadium! If he was actually concentrating or had decent enough vision it was a clear red from his angle. Completely unacceptable at this level.

Incompetent or bent?

Incompetent or bent?

I shall be generous this morning and suggest that the game is far too quick for a lino. Having done the job in the distant past, you have to look upfield to see when the ball was played, and then looking quickly to see if the player was in front of the last man or behind him. In the time you have switched your gaze from ball to man, the modern football athlete could easily have sped past from an onside position, certainly one as quick as Leroy. Bernardo's goal is a classic example where VAR could make the correct decision within ten seconds. It isn't a case of incompetence ( I can't understand why I'm writing this about the Whistling Wankers and Whistling Wankers' Assistants not being incompetent?), it is just a case of human eyesight and brain capacity not being capable of correct calls when it is tight! If we had a VAR referral before every goal is awarded then Bernardo would have a very good goal to his credit. What I cannot understand is why The Dippers' game had VAR and ours didn't. That seems to me the bent end of things.

I shall be generous this morning and suggest that the game is far too quick for a lino. Having done the job in the distant past, you have to look upfield to see when the ball was played, and then looking quickly to see if the player was in front of the last man or behind him. In the time you have switched your gaze from ball to man, the modern football athlete could easily have sped past from an onside position, certainly one as quick as Leroy. Bernardo's goal is a classic example where VAR could make the correct decision within ten seconds. It isn't a case of incompetence ( I can't understand why I'm writing this about the Whistling Wankers and Whistling Wankers' Assistants not being incompetent?), it is just a case of human eyesight and brain capacity not being capable of correct calls when it is tight! If we had a VAR referral before every goal is awarded then Bernardo would have a very good goal to his credit. What I cannot understand is why The Dippers' game had VAR and ours didn't. That seems to me the bent end of things.

"What I cannot understand is why The Dippers' game had VAR and ours didn't. That seems to me the bent end of things.[/QUOTE]

Yes very strange that even the commentators prior to the game new that there would be some industrial challenges going in. Pogba let the cat out of the bag with his comments. It was open season on us and everyone new it. Things may now have changed, as we wont accept this. We will be investigating what's been going on.

I shall be generous this morning and suggest that the game is far too quick for a lino. Having done the job in the distant past, you have to look upfield to see when the ball was played, and then looking quickly to see if the player was in front of the last man or behind him. In the time you have switched your gaze from ball to man, the modern football athlete could easily have sped past from an onside position, certainly one as quick as Leroy

So my suggestion on a different thread of "How about a change to the offside law that says there has to be "clear air" for want of a better phrase between the defender and attacker. That way the game will probably get more goals and it makes it easier to officiate. At present a really well timed forward run can be offside by the smallest amount because the last defender is fortunate enough to have taken a slightly longer stride or didn't leave a trailing arm as he moved forward" would help things enormously. It would also help greatly in geting more fans through the door as there would be more goals scored i reckon.

I don't blame Lee Mason to be honest. I reckon he's furious that he has been screwed over twice by his gormless "assistant" linesman and made to look like an idiot. The incompetent clueless moron running the line is taking someone's place.

He actually made two mistakes by disallowing the goal as there was no offside and therefore no interfering with play offence. Even worse still, he didn't even flag for the vicious tackle despite TV replays showing he had the best view in the whole stadium! If he was actually concentrating or had decent enough vision it was a clear red from his angle. Completely unacceptable at this level.

I take your point but to be fair mate, Lee Mason doesn't need anyone's help or otherwise to look like an idiot he does a pretty good job of that himself.

"What I cannot understand is why The Dippers' game had VAR and ours didn't. That seems to me the bent end of things.

Yes very strange that even the commentators prior to the game new that there would be some industrial challenges going in. Pogba let the cat out of the bag with his comments. It was open season on us and everyone new it. Things may now have changed, as we wont accept this. We will be investigating what's been going on.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the Liverpool match the only one with VAR, what with it being a trial?
So City's being one of 15 without it is a conspiracy? Wow.

The ban should match the time the injured player is on the sideline. The assailant doesn't play again until the assaulted is back in full training. And no defence should be forthcoming that the perpetrator didn't mean it!

I agree but I would like to add...

...but at least (e.g.) 5 domestic league or cup matches!

If we want to reduce those uncontrollable tackles, we should reduce the factor of pure luck (in case of no injury).

We/all football fans/media/clubs' representatives should force the FA to a public statement about their stance in general,
about specific decisions of certain refs and a list of measures
how to improve a situation that has been ignored for ages and is simply unbearable.
Problem is that WE are talking and talking but the FA should be talking! We have enough questions, we want answers, no?

We need to remind the men in charge of their responsibility. We need to show video footage 24/7 until something changes.
Because we are sick of this unsorted situation and bored of same old same old discussions about incompetent or bent English referees.
It's even a disgrace that we have to talk about a topic nobody should need to talk about.
It's all so obvious. The FA's philosophy - if there is any - stinks like 19th century. Needs an upgrade.

Interesting that during Pep's press conference, a hack asked him if he was upset about the various challenges & listed a few examples, including Kane & Ali, asking if teams are kicking us off the park.

If people are noticing it, then there's a decent chance one of the bent clowns will have the balls to get a red card out.

If some of these challenges had been carded, Warnock would have been telling his players to be careful not to get sent off, rather than asking for more 'devilment' & Sane would probably be ok now.

We/all football fans/media/clubs' representatives should force the FA to a public statement about their stance in general,
about specific decisions of certain refs and a list of measures
how to improve a situation that has been ignored for ages and is simply unbearable.
Problem is that WE are talking and talking but the FA should be talking! We have enough questions, we want answers, no?

We need to remind the men in charge of their responsibility. We need to show video footage 24/7 until something changes.
Because we are sick of this unsorted situation and bored of same old same old discussions about incompetent or bent English referees.
It's even a disgrace that we have to talk about a topic nobody should need to talk about.
It's all so obvious. The FA's philosophy - if there is any - stinks like 19th century. Needs an upgrade.
There is 24/7 video footage, every time a city player puts a foot wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.