Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks Bernardo should’ve had a penalty when their giant CB clearly pushed him over in the box?

Not seen it mentioned anywhere on here.
Yes and made even worse when you see Leicester and Palace awarded joke Pens against us recently

I thought so at the time. Not been back and looked at it again but the defender has his hands on the Bernado and uses his weight; might be some debate over whether he was the cause of Bernie going to ground or if he just lost balance anyway but my thoughts were that the defender was the cause.

Had our defender handled a Wigan player like that in the box he would have been stupid, you cant do that, why has he put his hands on him, there is contact, the lad feels it, he has every right to go down etc etc etc.

Alty fan would have given it as well.

I thought so at the time. Not been back and looked at it again but the defender has his hands on the Bernado and uses his weight; might be some debate over whether he was the cause of Bernie going to ground or if he just lost balance anyway but my thoughts were that the defender was the cause.
The BBC just brushed it aside saying the defender was just stronger which in a 50/50 challenge is fair enough but Bernardo was in front and in control of the ball. Refereeing stinks in this country.

Am I the only one who thinks Bernardo should’ve had a penalty when their giant CB clearly pushed him over in the box?

Not seen it mentioned anywhere on here.

I yelled across our lounge and into the kitchen to Mrs Ewing that we should have had a penalty. Ever since Big Fat Sean opened his ill-educated gob re penal offences and Bernardo I think refs have just chalked off anything that connects foul, penalty and Bernardo and they will just play on. It was a push. A clear push. A push that sent him down. Inside the area. I don't know what other criteria need applying before refs point to the spot. Even if Bernardo perfected the triple salchow with pike, BFSean and his ilk would still rule the original foul a tackle!

The BBC just brushed it aside saying the defender was just stronger which in a 50/50 challenge is fair enough but Bernardo was in front and in control of the ball. Refereeing stinks in this country.

Shoulder to shoulder they have a point but the defender is on the wrong side and behind bernardo and he grabs at his should and then clearly pushes him in the back.

it's not huge contact but it doesnt need to be in the box and had it been against us it would have been a penalty i can guarantee it.

Had our defender handled a Wigan player like that in the box he would have been stupid, you cant do that, why has he put his hands on him, there is contact, the lad feels it, he has every right to go down etc etc etc.

Alty fan would have given it as well.

Never mind a right to go down - he didn't have a choice. It was a push disguised as the defender being too strong. That would have been the case of shoulder to shoulder, but it was blatant push.

Never mind a right to go down - he didn't have a choice. It was a push disguised as the defender being too strong. That would have been the case of shoulder to shoulder, but it was blatant push.

I agree mate i was being sarcastic and using the terms they would have used had it been the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.